Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 157 of 317 FirstFirst ... 57107147155156157158159167207257 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,570 of 3169
    Amazing shots in here this week!

Here's a random one...
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    flickr
    nikon d40 | nikkor 55-200mm vr | nikkor 18-55mm | nikkor 70-300mm vr | SB 400 | My Flickr Animal Portraits Group! Join if you enjoy animals.

Definitely agree...some dynamite frames here!

Raven....when were you up here in my neck-o-the-woods?

Here is a shot from today, I think this is a sunset....can't really remember been so long since I saw one
    This is looking right over from where you took your shot....well, not quite, as I'm further north, but these are the Olympics in the background.

And looking up the beach, at low tide, as I waited for the sunset....

A couple here before the sun came out....

Obviously I need to get to France, asap. Amazingly beautiful images, Prospero. Love the one with the upside-down sign.
    Nikon D90 / Sigma 24-70 f/2.8/ Sigma 50 f/1.4/ Nikon SB-600
    http://www.christoffcreative.com

There's been a lot of posts here since I said anything.

06AWD, I really like that Vail shot. You might do a selective red desaturation on the trees. Or that might not work at all, hard to say.

Thanks Prospero. I had a few shots with no polarizer, but I decided both in the field and back home that the polarized ones were best, notice the uninteresting color of the sky at the right side were the filter was weakest. I actually did a little photoshop burning on the left to make it more similar to the middle. I agree with the Wengler, that last shot of yours is best, I like mountain light like that, snow always helps light.

Eddie, my parents have a place up there where I was for a few days after Christmas. I'm glad I'm not the only one who likes a little water craft in my landscapes. I like yours too, but I think you lightened the blacks too much in post processing (or at least, that is what it looks like when I do it, nevermind if you didn't).

Some sunrises from this week.....

Woah, one and three are brilliant. 1 especially draws me in then explodes across the sky and along the horizon (there is a spot of lens flare or something that you might darken), and three is very peaceful looking. Actually, four is pretty good too.

My suggestion is to post just the very best of your shots. By posting only the best two or three, you can improve your "average" I have discovered. Whether or not you are a better photographer that way, people will think you are a better photographer (if that matters to you).

I need to start waking up earlier.

Eddie, the first image of the dock with the little house at the end is beautiful. The other two are a bit noisy, but the composition is nicer. And the first sunrise image... wow.
    Nikon D90 / Sigma 24-70 f/2.8/ Sigma 50 f/1.4/ Nikon SB-600
    http://www.christoffcreative.com

3 for me Eddie (the 1st jetty) and I allready know you're bloody brilliant with landscapes so IMHO post what you like and I'll still think you're a master
    D800, D300, D90, 24-70 f2.8, 70-200VR f2.8, 300 F4, 105 micro, 16-85VR, 50mm 1.8, Tammy 90 macro, 70-300VR, SB900, 2xSB600, MB-D10, 055XPROB 322RC2. New computers to run photoshop faster. C&C always appreciated. PhotoGallery
    Pressing the shutter is the start of the process - Joe McNally ... Buying the body is the start of the process - Dread Pirate

Lake near Clapham North Yorkshire UK

Name:  Lake.JPG
Views: 92
Size:  264.7 KB This is my offering guys as a complete novice, Hope you like it. I would welcome comments.

Stormy days

Well, actually it's been weirdly warm and dry here in Idaho for the past two weeks, but just before Christmas we had some good storms rolling in and out. Shot these two out near Craters of the Moon National Monument... I tried the lone tree in B&W but it looked really flat so I think I'll stick with color.

As always, comments and criticisms welcome.

-- Bass
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    ---
    Bass Sears
    Hailey, Idaho
    Pentax K10d (was Panasonic DMC FZ8)
    http://www.pictureofnectar.com