Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 153 of 317 FirstFirst ... 53103143151152153154155163203253 ... LastLast
Results 1,521 to 1,530 of 3167
    Well, after over a moth of recuperating from surgery that wasn't suppose to be that bad......

I'm up and adam, doing half days till I get back full bore. Woke this morning and thought I detected a possible sunrise. Not sure you unnerstand, as we haven't seen that glow ball in months

I hastened to coffee and shower, opting only for a wee bit of foundation and eyeliner

Grabbed my camera and into my work truck. I wished I'd stayed home and shot over the water, but my work was loading up from having milked my recovery....so, I had to shoot through the trees as I headed inland on the island. I took these along the road, from different view points, from the cab, as it was too dang cold to get out

I hope you enjoy me sharing a wee bit of my morning with you

Posted in order taken....

Palm trees, a lake and the moon...
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    flickr
    nikon d40 | nikkor 55-200mm vr | nikkor 18-55mm | nikkor 70-300mm vr | SB 400 | My Flickr Animal Portraits Group! Join if you enjoy animals.

Nice LBG.

WTF Eddie, foundation and eyeliner? Last I looked Eddie was a blokes name?
    D800, D300, D90, 24-70 f2.8, 70-200VR f2.8, 300 F4, 105 micro, 16-85VR, 50mm 1.8, Tammy 90 macro, 70-300VR, SB900, 2xSB600, MB-D10, 055XPROB 322RC2. New computers to run photoshop faster. C&C always appreciated. PhotoGallery
    Pressing the shutter is the start of the process - Joe McNally ... Buying the body is the start of the process - Dread Pirate

Eddie, I especially like the last one.

Here is a slightly different landscape (before I really get into things over the next few days). I have discovered I like birds in my shots when possible, they make landscapes much more interesting.

No PP. Olympus E-410 on my first day with the 9-18, which was a while ago now.

Continuing my birds in landscape series. The one with the sand dunes is near Coos Bay, Oregon. The other is on the Olympic Peninsula in Washington. Same E-410, but 40-150mm lens this time. I tweaked the dune one, the other is untouched.

Thombo, nice shots. Where did you take those? The landscape looks very similar to the the landscape we have here in the Netherlands.

Eddie, nice shots. Beautiful sky.

Here's a shot from my skiing holiday in the French Alps last week. I liked how the edge of the mountains was lit by the sun. I converted it to black and white and kept it dark to make it more dramatic.

Name:  web_DSC3077.jpg
Views: 94
Size:  159.9 KB
    Nikon D-50
    // Nikkor 70-300 f/4-5.6 VR // Nikkor 50 mm f/1.8
    // Sigma 17-70 f/2.8-4.5 ...// Nikon SB-600
    // Sigma 10-20 f/4-5.6......// Nikon Series E 135 mm f/2.8
    // Kiron 105 f/2.8 Macro....// Manfrotto 190XPROB + 488RC4
    // Nikkor 35 f/1.8..........// Sigma 500 mm f/8

My website: http://www.dennisdolkens.nl

Wonderful shot Prospero.
    Lukas

Camera: Anonymous
    I could tell you but I wouldn't want you to get all pissy if it's the wrong brand

Flickr

Well....not to hijack the thread, but sorry guys, I gotta redirect it cuz I ain't gotta sky to shoot. Been to rainy and gray
    So, I just turned my camera down and captured a few shots along the beach after lunch. The lighting was dismal with a light mist, and not much else.

After all the bad weather we've been having in the Pacific Northwest, record snow fall then warm rain, the rivers have been flooding. On the island here, since we really have no land mass, we don't have real floods, but we do get mud slides on our cliffs and bluffs, and a lot of erosion from the little creeks.
    We get a ton of driftwood too, that washes up on the beach after the rivers on the mainland widen and wash away the trees that use to be along the banks.
    This shot here is on a jam of driftwood on the beach with one of those lil' river-ettes

And this shot is of one of those trees, washed up by the last tide, complete with a little tide pool in one of the clefts in the bark....

And this shot shows the results of the pounding waves generated by those storms. It digs up and washes ashore our clams. These are butter clams, very good eating. They are buried about 12 inches deep, but no match for a storm packing wind that produces waves along the beach. Thousands are washed up and the eagle, gulls, otters and others, make many a meal from them. Even with all those that wash ashore, I'm left with plenty to eat still

Thanks Lukas.
    Eddie, I really like that last shot. Excellent composition.

Here's a HDR from my wintersport. The composition is not how I would have liked it. I had to crop a lot of the right side. Due to a dirty front element and the backlight, the right side was very blurry.

Name:  web_DSC3073_4_4-2_5_tonemapped.jpg
Views: 121
Size:  408.6 KB
    Nikon D-50
    // Nikkor 70-300 f/4-5.6 VR // Nikkor 50 mm f/1.8
    // Sigma 17-70 f/2.8-4.5 ...// Nikon SB-600
    // Sigma 10-20 f/4-5.6......// Nikon Series E 135 mm f/2.8
    // Kiron 105 f/2.8 Macro....// Manfrotto 190XPROB + 488RC4
    // Nikkor 35 f/1.8..........// Sigma 500 mm f/8

My website: http://www.dennisdolkens.nl

Eddie, that last one is very nice. I like the lines of the sea weed and the shapes of the clam shells, especially in combination with the texture of the sand and the blur of the waves. Perhaps a foreground in better focus would be nice, but that isn't anything huge. The other two don't grab me as particularly interesting.

Prospero, the sky and cliff definitely have potential, but I'd have liked a slightly stronger foreground myself (I realize it's not always possible, I was just looking through a few of my recent shots thinking the same thing).