Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 105 of 319 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107115155205 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 3184
    Quote Originally Posted by Phill D View Post
    So here's an early morning scene near us. I just liked the way that industry has forced its way onto this rural landscape.
    ?What's the name of that power station??
    Geoff Chandler. UK/England/Surrey
    NIKON D90 / D80. Nikon 16 - 85 VR, Tamron 28-200,
    Sigma 70-300APO, Tokina 100 AT-X Pro D.
    SB600 flash. Panasonic DMC-TZ25

http://geof777.multiply.com

Thanks Toriaj. Strangely for me I didn't take a zoomed in shot at that particular spot. Best I can do is this centre crop. I did get some sunrise ones that were closer but there was a rather unattractive building site in the foreground. I'll have a go at one later.
    I'd forgotten you were into power stations Geoff. Well I'll have to look this one up as it was taken near to the village of Willington but I thought that Willington power station's towers had been blown up. My next thought therefore was Radcliff Power Station but I'm not sure that's right. I'll get the OS map out & check it for you.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Around every picture there's a corner & round every corner there's a picture
    - the fun's in finding them

I really like that one Phil
    Nikon D50, Nikkor 18-55mm, Nikkor 50mm 1.8, Sigma 70-300mm APO DG Macro, Tokina 12-24
    Flickr

Yes you were right that close crop did work. I don't think I would have seen that myself thanks. Here are a few more a bit earlier in the morning & at a different viewpoint. All well cropped to remove horrible foreground but without any colour changes. The birds were a bonus

A bit closer crop.

I think I like this one best in the end. Promise no more power station shots for a while

I like them all. My favourite is the first one though.
    Excellent stuff - more power to yer camera!!!
    Could be Ratcliffe I suppose....?
    No I am not into power stations really - just I did a course at one a while back and took an interest.
    Geoff Chandler. UK/England/Surrey
    NIKON D90 / D80. Nikon 16 - 85 VR, Tamron 28-200,
    Sigma 70-300APO, Tokina 100 AT-X Pro D.
    SB600 flash. Panasonic DMC-TZ25

http://geof777.multiply.com

Phill, I love the original, the center crop, and this last sunrise version. I find the blue pipes in the other two sunrise versions to be distracting. But I love the others, great series!
    Nikon D50, Nikkor 18-55mm, Nikkor 50mm 1.8, Sigma 70-300mm APO DG Macro, Tokina 12-24
    Flickr

Thanks Toriaj they did come out better than I had expected. Those pipes were the top of the wire fence arround a building site that was in the foreground. I cropped off as much as I could & tried to take the shots to make it as dark an area as possible. Didn't quite work though so I should have done a bit of extra darkening in PP but didn't get round to it. Thanks again it's nice to be appreciated.

Nice shots Phill, definitely Willington, Radcliffe has more towers than that, and Drakelow was demolished a year or two ago
    Last edited by Steve_W_1962; 01-22-2008 at 10:20 AM. Reason: To remove link