Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 104 of 317 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106114154204 ... LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 3170
    Quote Originally Posted by toriaj View Post
    that's a great shot, Avi. Is it a true stitched panorama? Or just cropped to the panorama ratio? I'd love to see a full-ratio version (is that a word? I mean, the regular 6x4 ratio) of that scene with the full river and full trees. Seems like a beautiful place
    Thank you, Toriaj. It's a panorama made up of 6 images. I have no idea how to put up the actual-sized( bet this isn't a word either) picture. Since I dont have a pro account on flickr, it's automatically resized to this. Ofcourse the original is more than 10 MB - cannot be uploaded here. And it might look miserable if I reduce the quality.
    And yeah, the place is beautiful. My mom's cousins live there and we make it a point to visit and even spend a few days there when we find the time. You can find a few more pics of this place here on my flickr.
    The place is called Mulki and is near Mangalore in India.
    Avi
    Canon EOS Digital Rebel Xti,
    Canon EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-4.6, Canon EF 50mm f/1.8
    My Flickr

I find Landscapes very tough

This is my feeble attempt... what do u think?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    You first see a photo with your mind, and then capture it with your camera!

Canon - EOS 50D | BG-E2N | 70-200mm f/4 L IS | 400mm f/5.6 L | Sigma - 18-50mm f/2.8 EX | 30mm f/1.4 EX | 150mm f/2.8 Macro EX | | Misc - 430EX | OC-E3 | EF-12 Ex Tube | Kenko Teleplus 300 Pro 2x TC | FotoFile Backpack AW | Lowepro Nova 3 AW | Tripod | Panasonic FZ5.

My Flickr

That's not feeble, Viky! That's a great shot. Did you use HDR processing? The colors are so bright. I especially like the reflections. Keep trying on landscapes, you'll probably get to liking your shots more. I think the most visually interesting part of your shot is where the path leads up to the house in the center. The shot might be improved if you moved that area to the right side of the frame, rather than right in the center. On the other hand, perhaps you already knew that, and there was a reason you put it in the center Great work, Viky.
    Nikon D50, Nikkor 18-55mm, Nikkor 50mm 1.8, Sigma 70-300mm APO DG Macro, Tokina 12-24
    Flickr

Avi, oh! It's a real panorama! Great Now that you mention it, I'm not surprised. This was a great area to use the panorama stitch technique. Perhaps next time you might want to frame the panorama wider (with more space at the top and bottom.) The best advice I've ever heard re: panoramas was (from Coldy I think) to actually take them in portrait orientation, for example your six photos would look like this [][][][][][] rather than [ ][ ][ ] I hope that makes sense. There might be more photos to stitch that way, but you are more likely to be able to stitch them and keep the top and bottom from being cropped out.

No, don't worry about trying to post the original version. That's not what I meant anyway I posted that before I knew this was a real panorama. I thought it was a cropped 6x4

Great work Avi, I'll be looking forward to seeing more panoramas from you
    Nikon D50, Nikkor 18-55mm, Nikkor 50mm 1.8, Sigma 70-300mm APO DG Macro, Tokina 12-24
    Flickr

Thank you Toriaj, appreciate your advice. I'll remember to shoot in portrait mode next time. It sure makes sense.
    Avi
    Canon EOS Digital Rebel Xti,
    Canon EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-4.6, Canon EF 50mm f/1.8
    My Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by toriaj View Post
    That's not feeble, Viky! That's a great shot. Did you use HDR processing? The colors are so bright. I especially like the reflections. Keep trying on landscapes, you'll probably get to liking your shots more. I think the most visually interesting part of your shot is where the path leads up to the house in the center. The shot might be improved if you moved that area to the right side of the frame, rather than right in the center. On the other hand, perhaps you already knew that, and there was a reason you put it in the center Great work, Viky.
    Thanks Tori!

No, thats not an HDR... I took this with CPL and the lighting was good.. that resulted in the bright colors. To speak honestly, at the time of taking the pic, I couldn't see anything really 'interesting' in this shot. However, I liked the vibrant blue of the sky contrasting well with the lush greenery and other bright colorful bits and that made me take the shot

Now that u mentioned it, I realize that the small hut could have been the point of interest had i composed it like u said

Canon - EOS 50D | BG-E2N | 70-200mm f/4 L IS | 400mm f/5.6 L | Sigma - 18-50mm f/2.8 EX | 30mm f/1.4 EX | 150mm f/2.8 Macro EX | | Misc - 430EX | OC-E3 | EF-12 Ex Tube | Kenko Teleplus 300 Pro 2x TC | FotoFile Backpack AW | Lowepro Nova 3 AW | Tripod | Panasonic FZ5.

My Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by Viky View Post
    I find Landscapes very tough

This is my feeble attempt... what do u think?
    Beautiful picture. I love the colours. I think the compostion could be improved on, though. I would include a bit more forground in this shot. Perhaps some plants on the shore you took the picture. That way, you give the picture more depth which will make it more interesting.
    Nikon D-50
    // Nikkor 70-300 f/4-5.6 VR // Nikkor 50 mm f/1.8
    // Sigma 17-70 f/2.8-4.5 ...// Nikon SB-600
    // Sigma 10-20 f/4-5.6......// Nikon Series E 135 mm f/2.8
    // Kiron 105 f/2.8 Macro....// Manfrotto 190XPROB + 488RC4
    // Nikkor 35 f/1.8..........// Sigma 500 mm f/8

My website: http://www.dennisdolkens.nl

Quote Originally Posted by Prospero View Post
    Beautiful picture. I love the colours. I think the compostion could be improved on, though. I would include a bit more forground in this shot. Perhaps some plants on the shore you took the picture. That way, you give the picture more depth which will make it more interesting.
    Thanks Prospero!

To get appreciation from a landscape master like yourself is very encouraging indeed.

Thanks for the tips... will keep them in mind. I'm very poor at composing interesting landscapes... I've got a lot to learn on this front

My Flickr

Haven't posted a pic for a while

So here's an early morning scene near us. I just liked the way that industry has forced its way onto this rural landscape.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Around every picture there's a corner & round every corner there's a picture
    - the fun's in finding them

I really like that shot. Do you have a zoomed-in version, like this?
    Name:  Urban0000.JPG
Views: 112
Size:  31.6 KB
    Last edited by toriaj; 01-19-2008 at 11:49 AM.
    Flickr