Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thank you Guys

Hi All:

I just went to the considerable trouble of registering here (wouldn't allow my usual email sites; so had to find a free place with no hassles; then tried 10 different user names, etc.)to set up an account I'll never use again.

All for the purpose of thanking you guys from the bottom of my heart. I couldn't get the Canon Camera Window to come up and tried everything I could think of. I was preparing for the long painful tech "support" (read "torture") process when I stumbled upon this site. You solved my problem and I'm most grateful.

Now that I found you, I may visit occasionally, but if I never return--please know you help so many people who never have the time (or fortitude to set up a permissible email account) to thank you. There must be many people like me who find solutions here, but never register.

Just know-you do good and are greatly appreciated.

Joel

Camera window doest not detect camera while windows does

After reading the thread I still do not find an answer to my problem
    My camera is Canon A-460. After installing the software on my Windows vista computer and plugging the camera in a direct USB port, the camera is recognized by the computer. but when I try to download via camera window, a CW window appears that says the camera is not detected.I called Canon customer service; we upgraded to version 6.0 of Zoom browser; same results. We went throug services.msc and made sure that SSDP and WIA were properly configured (that is, activated); same result. Then we stopped all non-microsoft processes ; same result; we uninstalled all canon software and registry keys and reinstall the software; same result. The person at Canon said it is probably a problem with Windows. After reading this tread, i looked for Canon Cal Library 8 in the services but I cannot find it. Of course, I can download my photos through windows successfully, but I am puzzled by this problem and I wonder if there is somethiong wrong with my computer. The guy at cannon swears that version 6.0 of zoom browser and camera window if fully compatible with vista. Help would be much appreciated.
    Thank you in advance

vinofilus Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jbeaudry View Post
    After reading the thread I still do not find an answer to my problem
    My camera is Canon A-460. After installing the software on my Windows vista computer and plugging the camera in a direct USB port, the camera is recognized by the computer. but when I try to download via camera window, a CW window appears that says the camera is not detected.I called Canon customer service; we upgraded to version 6.0 of Zoom browser; same results. We went throug services.msc and made sure that SSDP and WIA were properly configured (that is, activated); same result. Then we stopped all non-microsoft processes ; same result; we uninstalled all canon software and registry keys and reinstall the software; same result. The person at Canon said it is probably a problem with Windows. After reading this tread, i looked for Canon Cal Library 8 in the services but I cannot find it. Of course, I can download my photos through windows successfully, but I am puzzled by this problem and I wonder if there is somethiong wrong with my computer. The guy at cannon swears that version 6.0 of zoom browser and camera window if fully compatible with vista. Help would be much appreciated.
    Thank you in advance
    In addition to the other problems mentioned in this forum, I found that though the 3 different were (or could be adjusted) to be running, the CAL library always failed to load, because for some reason, when upgrading because I purchased another camera, the file calmain.exe was actually removed from my computer. I went to the CD, to the software section, found the CAL folders, looked inside the .cab file to find calmain.exe, copied it into the correct space as noted in previous posts, then was able to start all 3 services, and that fixed my problem.
    Canon really needs to get software installation/upgrade figured out. It takes a day to fix their software every time you buy a new camera.

Thank you

However I still have my problem. I have been able to find the calmain.exe file on the cd of Canon software, but when I get into Windows explorer and get to Program files/Canon, there is no cal directory. Instead, there is Camera Windows which details in Camera Window DC, Camera window DVC6 and Camera window launcher.

Quote Originally Posted by lathe View Post
    Ok, I was having similar problems (but not the same) problems with CameraWindow and ZoomBrowser EX with my PowerShot A640 on Windows.

Symptoms: In short, CameraWindow and ZoomBrowser EX silently fail to connect to the camera. When you plug in you camera, the CameraWindow program does not open. If you manually try to launch CameraWindow, nothing seems to happen. If you locate the file "C:\Program Files\Canon\CameraWindow\CameraWindowDVC6\CameraLa uncher.exe", select, and hold down Enter to repeatedly launch it, Task Manager shows several CameraLauncher.exe processes quickly appearing and disappearing. ZoomBrowser EX does open but does not connect the camera (selecting Connect To Camera buttons does nothing or closes a window).

Solution (on my PC):
    You need to start the "Canon Camera Access Library 8" service. To do this (on XP, other Windows OSes are similar) you need to:
    1. Right-click on "My Computer" and select "Manage"
    2. Click the + sign in front of "Services and Applications"
    3. Click on "Services"
    4. Right-click on "Canon Camera Access Library 8" and select "Start"

Note: if "Start is greyed out, then it is already running and this solution will not fix the problem for you.
    thank you, i figured out how to turn on the canon libary by following your advice. aaaahhhhhhhhh what a relief that the pictures are automatically downloaded when camera gets connected to the computer.

just one problem.............the library 8 service gets stopped everytime i restat my computer. i have to start it again for it to work. why, and how can i fix this. currently in the properties for canon library 8 it's set to startup automatically, still i have to manually start it. what is causing it to stop working ??????????

please help.. thank you..

Unhappy Still without CameraWindow for Canon PowerShot A570 IS

Quote Originally Posted by jbeaudry View Post
    Thank you

However I still have my problem. I have been able to find the calmain.exe file on the cd of Canon software, but when I get into Windows explorer and get to Program files/Canon, there is no cal directory. Instead, there is Camera Windows which details in Camera Window DC, Camera window DVC6 and Camera window launcher.
    I wonder if you solve this problem. I use Win XP x64 and have identical symptoms of using my Canon PowerShot A570 IS.

Spend meny hours on testing tips from this forum and nothing helps.

I'm confused... because C:\Program Files (x86)\Canon\CAL\CALMAIN.exe seems to work correctly.

I must add that I have problem with instaling origianal software for Canon PowerShot A570 IS

CameraWindow DC_DV ver5.4.5 for ZoomBrowser EX cannont be installed on this computer.
    Check that required software has already been installe and that your computer meets the minimum system requirements.
    Installation has been stopped.
    and use Canon EOS Solution Disk (I also have this camera - it works without any problems).

Thanks for any advice.

Thanks, everyone, for posting suggestions here. Sure do appreciate folks taking time to be so helpful to others.

I had the same problem. Had to reset the laptop back to factory settings due to a virus, and had to reinstall everything. As a result, the Camera Wizard wouldn't work. The computer recognized the camera, but properties wouldn't show up, and the window in which I would normally select a program to use to open the camera was empty. I tried everyone's suggestions posted here, but to no avail. I sure did learn a lot, though, so THANK YOU for posting all these helpful hints!!!

However, a little sneaky program called "Adobe Photo Downloader" had slipped by during the reinstall process and I just happened to notice it in the icon tray. AH HA! The culprit was discovered! That's what was interfering with MS Camera & Scanner Wizard. Went into msconfig and unchecked it from the Startup menu. Once I got that little stinker out of the way, the Wizard worked as it should. Ahhhh, relief at last!!