Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Register your Canon DSLR and get a $100 Repair Voucher

It's not an officially advertised deal yet, but it's definitely valid. Click on the banner at the top right, and that should get things going. A user at FM pointed this out.

All current Canon DSLR's are eligible.

(Source: FM)

Register your Canon DSLR

Thanks as that might come in handy.

Canon EOS 30D | Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 | Canon 17-40mm f/4L | Canon 24-105mm f/4L IS| Canon 70-200mm f/4L | Canon Speedlite 430EX + Sto-Fen Omni Bounce | Manfrotto 3001BD & 680B/486RC2 | Hoya Super HMC Pro1 Digital Filters | Hitech ND & GND Filters | Bags > Kata R-103 + Lowepro Nova 5 AW

RawShooter | premium 2006 > My PBase Gallery

Thanks, though I'm hoping I wont need it!
    Canon Digital Rebel XT/350D/Kiss N Digital
    http://www.fadpics.com/fahd

Haven't got mine yet ...

Canon EOS 30D | Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 | Canon 17-40mm f/4L | Canon 24-105mm f/4L IS| Canon 70-200mm f/4L | Canon Speedlite 430EX + Sto-Fen Omni Bounce | Manfrotto 3001BD & 680B/486RC2 | Hoya Super HMC Pro1 Digital Filters | Hitech ND & GND Filters | Bags > Kata R-103 + Lowepro Nova 5 AW

RawShooter | premium 2006 > My PBase Gallery

Formerly South Wales. Now South Carolina.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex914
    It's not an officially advertised deal yet, but it's definitely valid. Click on the banner at the top right, and that should get things going. A user at FM pointed this out.

All current Canon DSLR's are eligible.

(Source: FM)

Register your Canon DSLR
    Hmm. Does this perhaps say something about Canon's reliability?

Quote Originally Posted by Rhys
    Hmm. Does this perhaps say something about Canon's reliability?

What kind of asanine statement is that?
    Do you own a canon dslr? Oh that's right, umm no.

The $100 can go towards sensor cleaning btw. This is a canon only problem though.

I registered last week for the special but never got any indication that I was going to recieve my voucher. I called canon and was told the offer is only for their 1D series cameras.

I guess it is cool to register with them. They send discounts and rebate specials your way if you are a valued customer. (says the lady on the phone)
    US Navy--Hooyah!

Nikon D700/D300|17-35 f/2.8, 24-70 f/2.8, Sigmalux, 80-200 f/2.8, 16 f/2.8 fisheye,

Lots of flashes and Honl gear.

Formerly South Wales. Now South Carolina.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheObiJuan
    What kind of asanine statement is that?
    Do you own a canon dslr? Oh that's right, umm no.

The $100 can go towards sensor cleaning btw. This is a canon only problem though.

I registered last week for the special but never got any indication that I was going to recieve my voucher. I called canon and was told the offer is only for their 1D series cameras.

I guess it is cool to register with them. They send discounts and rebate specials your way if you are a valued customer. (says the lady on the phone)
    It tends to worry me when I buy things that have adverts with them saying "we'll fix it when it goes wrong" which tends to indicate that it will go wrong and often. A $100 repair voucher... How often will it need to be repaired. That's the most worrying statement a camera company can make.

Nevermind that thier advertisement is for their Pro bodies which are built to take a lot of abuse. Sports photographers have to get their cameras fixed because excess wear and tear and physical trauma. This is not a fault of the manufacturer but part of the job.

Since I put my 20D through hell by having players slide and jump in my direction and paintballs flying at me I am taking a risk. It is good to know that Canon is taking the initative to offer a voucher.
    US Navy--Hooyah!

Nikon D700/D300|17-35 f/2.8, 24-70 f/2.8, Sigmalux, 80-200 f/2.8, 16 f/2.8 fisheye,

Lots of flashes and Honl gear.