Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vich
    Norm - Anyone -

I keep seeing Norm's increadible results with Silkypix. Has anyone tried it on a Canon 20D? I realize that Norm's skill has a lot to do with his results, but all the more reason to follow his footsteps.
    Thanks for the vote of confidence ; I don't claim any special skills with Silkypix--although I do think it's the best third-party solution for Olympus colors right now. And having said that, I'll reemphasize that RSE/RSP seems to be heavily camera-dependent as far as the results go. Over on the Oly dSLR forum at DPReview, some early reports seem to indicate that RSP still hasn't fixed the green/red problem with Olympus ORF files, so I still haven't decided whether I'll be buying into the discount version (available only until Oct 31st). I may decide to get it just for evaluation purposes or a backup to Silkypix, but I do wish they'd get the color handling right.

In that sense, it would make sense to check around on some Canon forums--or on Pixmantec's own forum board--for news on how early adopters are evaluating RSP's handling of Canon 20D files. It might be doing a much better job with those.
    "...and only the stump, or fishy part of him remained."
    Green Gables: A Contemplative Companion to Fujino Township

beautiful zoo pics

Unrelated to this topic, jeisner your zoo pictures are breathtaking. Each one is fit for framing.

DPP all the way.
    Christian Wright; Dip Phot
    EOS 5D Mark III | EOS 600D | EOS-1V HS
    L: 14/2.8 II | 24/1.4 II | 35/1.4 | 50/1.2 | 85/1.2 II | 135/2 | 180/3.5 Macro | 200/2.8 II | 400/2.8 IS | 16-35/2.8 II | 24-105/4 IS | 70-200/2.8 IS II | 100-400/4.5-5.6 IS
    580EX II | EF 12 II | EF 25 II

Has anyone tried Aperture yet?

It's Apple's first foray into digital imaging, and it's clearly intended to be a complement to photoshop, not a replacement. There are some reviews out on the web but I don't know if it's worth the $500 for someone who will never get paid for taking photos (mm, azureus).

Wink go figure...

how about 1000$ camera for someone who never get paid for taking photos?
    perhaps 1500, how about 2000? and so on,
    there are 40$ software, some even come for free,
    go figure !

happy new year!

kind regards
    zdzislaw
    fuji s 9500

good point. besides, aperture won't even run with less than a gig of RAM. woah.

(just wanted to know if any pros had good results with it)

Wink than a gig...

yeah,

the more the better,
    8 gig thay say,
    plus twin processor....
    go figure...

kind regards
    zdzislaw

I'm currently alternating between RSP and C1 -- with C1 being the better of the two as regards colour from my Oly files, just a pity speed isn't one of it's strong points. Now, I have tried Bibble but I soon ditched it. The preview image was so unstable while adjustments were being made to it that it was frankly appalling. Anyone else tried Bibble and got the same impression?

Pip

Red face Excuse me...

What is RAW?

can anyone help me?

Please help me find a new camera...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HELLO!! i have never done one of these web chat things before so bare with me because i have no idea what i am doing. I am an Aussie in Austria at the moment and i have been here for less than two months and already lost my camera . It was expensive too and now i need something quick because i am just passing up too many good photo ops in this georgeous country!!!! please help...

Budget

* What budget have you allocated for buying this camera? Please be as specific as possible.

maximum $550 (aussie dollars) i think its about 350 euros...
    Size

* What size camera are you looking for? Or does size not matter at all to you?

Something that i can take out easily, especially for sports, outdoors and parties, however i don't want a tiny thing with terrible picture quality... if the pictures arn't good i would rather go a llittle bigger but hopefully small enough to fit in a purse or jacket pocket would be perfect.

Features

How many megapixels will suffice for you?

5 - 8

* What optical zoom will you need? (None, Standard = 3x-4x, Ultrazoom = 10x-12x, Other - Specify)

ultrazoom would be great but 4x will suffice

* How important is “image quality” to you? (Rate using a scale of 1-10)

8-9

Do you care for manual controls?

Yes they are always great when you learn to use your camera properly. I love all the differents settings especially for action shots like skiing (frame by frame) however i don't want to get too technical.

General Usage

* What will you generally use the camera for?

Travelling, parties, sports, outdoor adventures... landscape photography and i try to be artistic sometimes...;-)

* Will you be making big prints of your photos or not?

Yes, especially if i am pleased with the photo quality of the camera.. they make fantastic gifts and are great reminders of days well spent.

Will you be shooting a lot of indoor photos or low light photos?

Yes, i would like to be able to take good night shots for the cities and camping and also for that terrible lighting you get at parties, indoors and at functions such as balls.

Will you be shooting sports and/or action photos?

Yes, for sure.

Miscellaneous

Are there particular brands you like or hate?

I have always used kodak but i don't really have a clue about which brands are more reliable etc so i have no specific preference.

Are there particular models you already have in mind?

I have been looking through the internet for days and there are just so many fantastic cameras out there that i just don't have the faintest idea which is better. I thought the nikon coolpix s5-6 seemed cool because i was drawn to the idea that you can put music to the clips... i think thats great but i read some bad reviews about the coolpix series so now i am back where i started.

(If applicable) Do you need any of the following special features? (Wide Angle, Image Stabilization, Weatherproof, Hotshoe, Rotating LCD)

Image Stabilization is good and a little bit weatherproof is also good... especially for the beach and snow shots...
    I would like a quick small camera that doesnt give you those terrible ghost shots!!