Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    OK- So I'm totally late to this thread... but Raw processing is my full time business. I started out using Capture One when Photoshop was still simply "CS."

I liked C1, but it took me a little while to get used to it.

Pros: background processing was implemented well.

Cons: It wasn't as intuitive and fast as I hoped and it left a trail of messy folders, subfolders and working files.

Then I moved on to Bibble... Just not fast or user friendly. Bought the app, used it for a few thousand images, hated it, wish I could have got my money back.

Once CS2 came out and ACR was pumped with steroids, I gave it a go and never looked back. I love its integration with Bridge and the whole suite. It's got plenty of horsepower and speed!

I started my own post production company and our business runs IS Raw processing. Though Aperture and Capture One are amazing products, I couldn't imagine trying to run through the volume with any other app.

-Leon
    Last edited by Colorati; 11-15-2007 at 12:21 PM.

Any Adobe Camera Raw users had a chance to play with the new version of Capture One?

We're sticking with ACR because of the XMP compatibility that my clients love, but just wondered if anyone has some words of wisdom!

-Leon
    shoot more :: live more | custom wedding post production

site | blog

Adobe Lightroom (ACR 4.4) with DNG conversion. I've been using it or a bit. It works perfectly.

What Raw Processor?

I used ACR, then became a Lightroom v1.x beta tester and currently use only Lightroom. Now that I shoot with a Nikon D300 and it came with a copy of Capture NX I will occasonally use the Capture NX software. it has some features the others do not.

JM

Breeze Browser Pro and DPP

I tried Lightroom, for some reason it wouldn't work on one of my machines. So I then tried Capture 1, I really thought that was the one I'd buy.

However, I photograph dog agilty, I put the pictures up on my website, http://dogshots.biz
    Breeze Browser Pro has a great feature, with 1 click you can make these fanstastic web galleries.
    It's a really fast viewer, it can do some RAW conversion, but if I have a picture or series that need much work, I use DPP.
    Joe
    Kalispell, MT
    http://dogshots.biz

Canon EOS 50D

Canon S2 IS

Sigma 18-200 OS
    Canon 85mm f 1.8
    Canon 70-200 f 2.8 IS L

Canon Speedlite 430 EX

Question: how do I know if a Canon lens is 'Grey Market' unit vs regular US product??

Buy from B&H and you won't need to worry.
    Lukas

Camera: Anonymous
    I could tell you but I wouldn't want you to get all pissy if it's the wrong brand

Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by mdacko View Post
    Question: how do I know if a Canon lens is 'Grey Market' unit vs regular US product??
    As a product they're identical, it's just the way the item was imported that's the difference. It should say whether it's grey or otherwise when it's advertised.
    Christian Wright; Dip Phot
    EOS 5D Mark III | EOS 600D | EOS-1V HS
    L: 14/2.8 II | 24/1.4 II | 35/1.4 | 50/1.2 | 85/1.2 II | 135/2 | 180/3.5 Macro | 200/2.8 II | 400/2.8 IS | 16-35/2.8 II | 24-105/4 IS | 70-200/2.8 IS II | 100-400/4.5-5.6 IS
    580EX II | EF 12 II | EF 25 II

thanks for help

Quote Originally Posted by digitalcameradc View Post
    thanks for help
    Thanks for spam.
    Nikon D300 | Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8 | Nikkor AF-S 70-300mm VR | Nikkor AF 35mm f/2 D | SB-600 | Lowepro Voyager C | Lowepro Slingshot 300 AW

For Sale:
    Nikkor AF 35mm f/2 D - Like New (FX compatible)

Wish List
    Nikkor AF-S 17-55 f/2.8
    Nikkor AF-S 70-200 f/4 VRII
    Tokina AF 11-16 f/2.8
    SB-900 (2)
    Umbrellas
    New Tripod