Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Can anyone tell me what's wrong here?

Hello, new member here. I just started having a problem lately with my C5050z. The picture is very distorted and I've already tried resetting everything.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

i'm baffled. under the assumption that you haven't done anything to the pics out of the camera, i'd say these were the worst pictures i've ever seen out of a digicam.
    which is bad, because the 5050 is the best in its class.

there seems to a problem with the sensor, with the WB, and with the processor!

i suggest you exchange you camera immediately!

or maybe your CF card has a curious currupting glitch.

whatever it is, i don't think it's solvable.

Looks like the CCD has suffered damage. I'm betting a liquid penetrated the case.

"a problem lately"...is it under warranty?

Quote Originally Posted by Sigbhu
    i'm baffled. under the assumption that you haven't done anything to the pics out of the camera, i'd say these were the worst pictures i've ever seen out of a digicam.
    which is bad, because the 5050 is the best in its class.

there seems to a problem with the sensor, with the WB, and with the processor!

i suggest you exchange you camera immediately!

or maybe your CF card has a curious currupting glitch.

whatever it is, i don't think it's solvable.
    Sigbhu, exchange is out of the question, warranty expired last year!:9
    both CF and xD cards are the same picture quality.. I used pics from both cards.

And I agree, it may be unsolvable.. unless anybody has some parts from the same camera laying around. I'm not worried about trying to salvage this camera from other peoples wrecked cameras, heh if I can do it with computers, vcr's, stereos,and other electronic equipment, I can possibly do it with cameras. (hopefully! I also have an Olympus pt-015 housing for it as well, that has never had a drop of water inside it ever.)

Sigbhu, thanks for the information, I really appreciate it!

I think these message boards you all have here are pretty good, I think I'll put this among my favorites to check into a couple of times a week at least..
    Last edited by EanX; 05-13-2005 at 08:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kgosden
    Looks like the CCD has suffered damage. I'm betting a liquid penetrated the case.
    I did use this camera for diving in an Olympus pt-015 housing, but this was 8-9 months ago, the housing never had any condensation in it whatsoever,let alone any water from the ocean. I always used a new silicon absorber pad in it.

The problem started after many pictures later, and just within the last month.

Thanks for the info, though, I really appreciate it!