Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Sending movie clips via e-mail

Here's one for you all. I have the Canon A75. I have been trying to send a video clip from this camera via e-mail. I have attached the file (322kbps 26 seconds long) to my email and tried to send it to myself to make sure it works. NOTHING.

Im not very computer savvy but this seems like it should be an easy thing to do.

What am I doing wrong? Please HElp

Assuming that you're attaching the video correctly, (you might want to mention what email program you use, and what ISP you're using) the file size may be big enough that you're bumping up against a limit imposed by your ISP. Some providers don't let you send or receive files bigger than a certain amount. How big (i.e. how many Kb or Mb) is the file you're trying to email?
    OLYMPUS C-5060

sending video clips

Ben

The file size is 322 kb (26 secnds long). My ISP is MSN

Formerly South Wales. Now South Carolina.
    Quote Originally Posted by payitfwd
    Ben

The file size is 322 kb (26 secnds long). My ISP is MSN
    Ok. Two things might be happening:
    1. The attachment might not be attaching before the email has been sent.
    2. The attachment might be stripped off by the recipient's server. Many server administrators in E-Europe strip off 90% of attachments because the administrators know no better.

Are you moving the file before the email is sent? Are you attaching the file or a pointer to the file?

video clip

Rhys,

The camer is a Canon A75. I click the attach buttonthat sends me to my files, I then click the file and the e-mail program says that it is attached.

However when I send it, it seems like it takes forever for it to be sent. I get the message "sending e-mail for a pretty long time.

As I said befor its a 26 second file and itts 322 kbs.

So you know anything about using the Windows Movie Maker program to send?

Thanks
    Wendy

Formerly South Wales. Now South Carolina.
    Quote Originally Posted by payitfwd
    Rhys,

The camer is a Canon A75. I click the attach buttonthat sends me to my files, I then click the file and the e-mail program says that it is attached.

However when I send it, it seems like it takes forever for it to be sent. I get the message "sending e-mail for a pretty long time.

As I said befor its a 26 second file and itts 322 kbs.

So you know anything about using the Windows Movie Maker program to send?

Thanks
    Wendy
    That could be the problem. Send with outlook express or some standard email program. God alone knows what MS has done with WMM. I never use all-in-one software as it hardly ever works.