Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cybershot DSC-T7

Does anyone own this camera yet or know the pros and cons of this camera?

I am looking at it as possible candidate to Canon SD500 or Casio Z750 and if someone could make some comparison, that would be great.

BTW it is DSC-W7, not T7 unless I am mistaken, I don't know the Sony camera lineup TBH

vanDivX

the 2 are different models
    check out these pix:
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Muhdd Guest
    There has been very little that has actually been released about the Sony T7 as of yet. As far as I know, Sony has kept amost all the features and hardware from the other Sony T lines and just put it into a smaller case (with a better LCD screen as well!) so if you want to know the general pros and cons of this camera, read the reviews on the Sony T33 to get a general idea. There have been some upgrades to this camera, but I would assume that the pictures would be soft and possibly have more noise than the other Sony T models.

The lens system is sightly different to accomate the smaller body. Build quality is excellent and the LCD is second-to-none and offers nice improvements in direct light and low light shooting.

I've some samples up on my pbase site at www.pbase.com/woodbetweenworlds

wow nice pics! Do you have the black or silver one? Is it easy to control or does it take learning to master it?

Quote Originally Posted by shamanictea
    The lens system is sightly different to accomate the smaller body. Build quality is excellent and the LCD is second-to-none and offers nice improvements in direct light and low light shooting.

I've some samples up on my pbase site at www.pbase.com/woodbetweenworlds
    @shamanictea,

Nice pics indeed!

I already posted a message that I was thinking about the Canon SD400 or SD500 but looking at your pictures shot with the Sony DSC-T7 I'm going creazy and can't make a choice.

Surfed the Net for a serious review of the T7 but nothing at all.
    Last edited by shoutje; 05-20-2005 at 12:38 PM.

I just bought the dsc-t7 and i have to say, it is good for it's size. I'm still learning how to use it though. Noise is bad when it is dark because of unsteadiness. So if you don't care about size, probably the sd500 is better. Also, they are the same price so the sd500 might be worth the money.

Thanks for the nice comments about my shots. The T7 is a lot of fun to use. None of the major review sites have reviews of it as of yet. I'm hoping Sony sent Jeff one and we'll see a review here before too long.

T7 flash

Hey! While browsing the internet, I found somewhere(I forgot what site) that said the the flash on the DSC T7 had been greatly improved form that of the T1. I was wondering if anybody could confirm that for me? I really like the T7 but before I buy it, does anybody know if it is tough(strong, not going to break) and would that include the LCD. Also does the LCD on the T7 brighten up in low light situations? Finally are the pictures pretty good or are they really soft and noisy?