Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 95 of 157 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697105145 ... LastLast

Thread: People

Trying out my new 35-70mm f/2.8 lens:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/arturodonate/2383665730

Very happy with it!

Quote Originally Posted by Benjamin2007 View Post
    Thanks Sharon.
    Don't hold your breath on any Nikon photos from me yet though, it will be a few more months before I can buy the D80 and I still have so much to learn about digital photography per se and, although I'm becoming more aware of the limitations of the Fuji, it's still a great camera and I still enjoy using it.

I checked out some of your Flickr photos Sharon and enjoyed the photos of Bandit, John, Big D & Little D, the sunrise & sunset landscapes, snow etc. The D40 is a great tool and you seem to have had a lot of fun with it so far! If my heart had been set on the D40 then your setup would be the one I'd get, its a great combination of lenses!

regards,
    Hey, Benjamin. Somehow, I seemed to have missed your post to me, and I haven't been to DCRP to post for awhile now. Sorry about that! Those few months will go by quickly, Benjamin, and I'll be waiting to see your first dslr shots. I remember how much I wanted my D40 (D80 if I could have afforded it) and it took 6 months of waiting before I got mine. I'm excited for you!

Thank you, Benjamin for the nice compliments on my adequate pics! It has been a blast shooting & learning and I have sooooo much more to learn about composition, lighting, manual exposure, etc., etc. that I doubt I'll ever 'know it all' when it come to photography. Other than tripod, I'll be adding the 85 1.8, as well as an SB-800 eventually (hopefully this year), and maybe a wideangle down the road for landscapes. NAS is a crazy expensive disease.......which I'm sure you'll end up with too!

Cheers, mate!
    C & C most welcome - no matter how harsh, as it helps me learn.

Nikon D40, Nikkor 18-55mm II, 55-200 VR, 50mm 1.8D, ML-L3 Remote.

Flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/sharond36/

Ok, so this isn't a REAL person, but he's still a person, right?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/arturodonate/2395138738/

pictures of the babies

Hi all a bit new here, I have been lurking about for some time and I absolutely love reading and learning from the forums. I thought I would give it a try and download a few pictures of my grandchildren, let me know what you think.
    Attached Images Attached Images       
    Cindy,
    "I don't want to live forever, but forever do I want it known that I lived"...

Welcome to the forum Cindy. Those are lovely shots a real aaaaahhhhh. I bet you are so proud.
    Around every picture there's a corner & round every corner there's a picture
    - the fun's in finding them

Thank you Phill D, yes these are some of my favorites and they did make me go aaahhh... lol. I would have to say the picture of the babies feet is my first choice. I turned that one into a black and white and it really pops.
    Cindy,
    "I don't want to live forever, but forever do I want it known that I lived"...

Haha I went lens shopping today. When I was trying out a lens I chose to take a picture of my fiance in the camera store....oh he looks so impressed doesn't he

Happy owner of a few canon cameras

Canon 40D
    Sigma 18-200 f3.5-6.3 DC OS
    Canon 50mm 1.8
    Canon 420ex
    UV Filter

Canon S3 IS

http://www.flickr.com/photos/69023502@N00/

one of my first portrait attempts with my first dlsr =)

Mrs Virginia 2008 Joy Pfister, and her husband part of a family shoot.

Nikon d200
    sb800 with difuser
    overcast day light rain
    1/50
    f5
    48mm
    iso 320