Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 60 of 157 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270110 ... LastLast

Thread: People

Lilchilichoco, the dolls are to teach teenagers what a huge amount of work it is to have a baby. This is supposed to help prevent teen pregnancies. As to what I prefer to shoot, I don't! So far, anyway, I just love taking pictures!

Elena, an excellent shot--such energy and emotion!
    Adam
    -------------
    Canon 60D & lenses & flashes & stuff
    A bunch of cheap vintage film cameras

My Etsy store

Quote Originally Posted by Lilchilichoco View Post
    Special K.......what beautiful people pictures........fabulous.....which camera do u use? U answered in one of my threads...about buying a Dslr.
    Hi, Lichilichoco:

Thanks for the nice comment. I have a Pentax K100D that I bought in November.
    Pentax K20D/K5/15/21/40/70/10-17/12-24, Sigma 17-70 2.8-4.5/150-500, Tamron 90 Macro/70-200 2.8, Canon SX20 IS/Elph 500HS
    (formerly Pentax 50 1.4/50-200/55-300/K100D, Sigma 18-50 2.8/70-300 APO, Tamron 28-75, Viv 800, Tele-Tokina 800, Canon S3 IS, Samsung L210)
    http://s133.photobucket.com/albums/q78/KylePix/

Thanks Special K

I think people are magical.....their emotions when they surface without their knowing.....I like your bottle photo too...in the things thread.
    I have yet to buy a camera....and Pentax is on my list.

tell me what you think....

one evening at the playground....no one was there....

Attachment 20509

Name:  Alone.JPG
Views: 378
Size:  96.1 KB

My angel sleeping....

Name:  Tender.JPG
Views: 358
Size:  79.5 KB

Hi Lilchilichoco!

I've looked at your pictures here and in other threads (I think I've seen most of them, at least - might have missed some). I think it seems like you have talent and are excited to take pictures. That's good! One of the pictures I like, is the one of the armchair with the lamp beside it. I also like the playground picture above.

I know you're using a phone camera, and it's not that easy to take pictures with one of those. In my opinion, the composition of the pictures is better in the people pictures. And the picture quality with a phone camera is not as good as with a "real" digital camera. So I'm looking forward to see the pictures you'll get with a "real" digital camera!

Some quick general tips, that might be helpful to think about (other people may think differently):
    • Try to isolate the subjects in your pictures, when you shoot them. What is it you want to show? What is important in the picture? Try to compose the picture so the viewer focuses on that. I think most of the time, that might be a good idea.
    • Sometimes, though, the picture may get a different, more dramatic mood perhaps, if the subject looks small against a large background. But then, the background should not have lots of distracting things in it. If you see what I mean?
    • Try to crop out (either when you take the picture or in post processing) distracting things around the subject. There was a picture of a view through a window. I might have tried not to get as much of the windows in the picture, maybe by walking closer to the open window or zoom in. Or crop the picture in post processing. If possible, you can also move distracting things away from the subject before taking the picture, so they don't show.
    Those were just a few suggestions that came to my mind right now. I know it may not be easy to use a phone camera and make good compositions. But once you get a "real" camera, you can try thinking about these things. With a real camera, it will be a lot easier to compose the pictures. And the picture quality will be a lot better too, of course! You will also get more control on exposing the pictures. That is, you can experiment with the aperture and shutter speed, for instance.

Keep taking pictures! Look at other people's pictures. Try to learn from the pictures you think are good. Maybe ask them how they did. Maybe try to take pictures like that yourself. And keep posting your pictures in these forums and get comments and critique on them. You might not always get comments or critique on your pictures, so be patient.

The important thing is: Keep practising! That way, you'll get experience and you will learn more and more how to get better and better results.

Good luck with your photography and looking forward to see your results, once you get a "real" camera!
    Last edited by Wesan; 02-21-2007 at 06:01 PM.
    Wesan

"Analogue"/film cameras
    Agfamatic 2000
    Canon EOS 600 (SLR)
    Fujifilm Fotonex 310ix (APS)

Digital cameras
    Samsung Digimax 101
    Canon Powershot S3IS

Lilchilichoco, I agree. It looks like you are very passionate about taking phots and that IMHO is the most important part of photography. i can't wait to see some of your stuff when you get an actual digital camera. You don't need anything too fancy but just something better than a phone cam to drastically improve your shots. Wesan gave some great tips above aswell. Keep it up.

Lilchilichoco--

If this is what you can do with a camera phone, I'm expecting great things from you when you get a "real" camera. However, I have to say I really like the playground picture a whole lot. I like the composition, and your daughter's pose and expression. But most of all, I like the way the focus, depth of field, color, shadow, and contrast all give it an old-fashioned look. It looks like a cheap color print from the 1960s. Nice job!
    Adam
    -------------

My Etsy store

Overwhelmed!!!!

BIG BIG THANK YOU!! Wesan......zmikers......AdamW..........u gotta see me right now.....I'd give the cheshire cat a complex!!!!

Wesan,thank you for your encouragement and the tips.....I have to learn A LOT....and encouragement and right advice can really push u in the right direction.I am going to look at each point and work accordingly......

Zmikers........I am passionate about EVERYTHING.......quite scary actually.....ha ha......thanks for your kind words.....means a lot...

Adam w.........thanks to you as well.......I think I want to stop life......frame an instant.....an emotion.....so that whenever you look at it.....it stops you in your tracks....maybe when I get a "real" camera.....

one last question is.......you all have seen what I love to click.....please tell me :

1. will Canon a 710 IS / S3 IS be good for a beginner's cam......are there any other I can look at?

thanks a million!!!!

still grinning!!!

I'd say that a Canon Powershot S3IS is a very good beginners camera. And not just for beginners - it will also give you room to "grow". You can use the auto mode (where the camera picks all the settings for you), program mode (where you can change some of the settings the camera chooses), manual mode and a few modes in between those. It also has modes for different type of pictures that you can use, if you like.

I have an S3 myself. What I like the most about it, is the 12x zoom and the rotating display. It also has good image quality.

Take a look at the Some S3 Pics thread in the Canon forum, to see a lot of pictures taken by S3 cameras (and some other cameras too).

Canon use to come out with new camera models every year, so there might be a new S3IS-camera soon - maybe called S4IS. If you like, you could wait and see what they will announce. Otherwise, I think you will happy with an S3 too.
    Wesan

"Analogue"/film cameras
    Agfamatic 2000
    Canon EOS 600 (SLR)
    Fujifilm Fotonex 310ix (APS)

Digital cameras
    Samsung Digimax 101
    Canon Powershot S3IS

I have the A700 and I love it. The A710 IS doesn't have the zoom that the S3 IS has, nor the swivel display, but it's smaller (more pocket-size) and lighter--it runs quite well on two AA batteries (the S3 uses four.) I think either one would be an excellent choice. If at all possible, you should play with them at a store to see which feels better in your hands.

Canon just announced some new cameras this week, but there's a big photo show in a couple weeks and there may be more models coming. If so, there might be an S4 or something else. If that happens, you can choose the newest model or the still-wonderful older model, which will drop in price.

I'd say wait a couple of weeks, try to handle the S3 and A710, and to confuse you more, consider the Panasonics. I'm a Canon guy, but Panasonic makes some very nice cameras.
    Adam
    -------------

My Etsy store

from some holiday
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Nikon D70S NIKON 55-200 mm DX SWM VR ED IF f 4-5.6
    pardon me for my english