Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 16 of 157 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666116 ... LastLast

Thread: People

My sister took these of my daughter down in Florida with her Sony W1...

SONY DSC-V3, HVL-F32X Flash, VCL-DEH07VA Wide Lense, VCL-DEH17VA TELE Lense

i took these yesterday. he's my nephew. i have about a million of this cutie, but i'll leave it at two for now.

Fishermen

Lopez Island, San Juan Islands archipelago.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by EAP; 08-31-2005 at 10:46 AM.

There are some really good photos in this thread. I always seem to find it very hard to catch good candid shots of people. It seems that with my SD200 there's not enough zoom, and with my FZ5, well I'm just not too good at photography lol. Either way, I love the shots you guys have all posted on here. I have to practice a lot to get some good ones myself. Here is a shot I took of my girlfriend coming out of a gas station lol, I thought it came out decent enough for a quick shot... let me know what you guys think.
    Last edited by gabo234; 09-01-2005 at 09:58 PM.

gabo234, i really like that one! she seems so happy. it's a great shot.

here's some more of mine...

Nice pics upupcanadian. I like the second and last ones the best. Particularly the last one. Good stuff Here's one of my little brother and my mom playing in the pool.

So who's the happy one ?

I took this on Ochi-Day ("No-Day") in Kardamyli, Greece on 28th October last year. It's a time to celebrate the Greek refusal to surrender to the Italian army in 1940. Big natioanl holiday. He's clearly having fun. Not so sure about his companion, though.
    Nikon D70s user

Quote Originally Posted by gabo234
    Nice pics upupcanadian. I like the second and last ones the best. Particularly the last one. Good stuff
    thank you gabo the last one is one of my favorites too.

and i like that photo of your mom and brother. it's another very happy one.

a few more..

There are some really good photos in this thread. I always seem to find it very hard to catch good candid shots of people. It seems that with my SD200 there's not enough zoom, and with my FZ5, well I'm just not too good at photography lol. Either way, I love the shots you guys have all posted on here. I have to practice a lot to get some good ones myself. Here is a shot I took of my girlfriend coming out of a gas station lol, I thought it came out decent enough for a quick shot... let me know what you guys think.
    Would you like to hear that I think the picture captures a unique shot, the slight grain and blur add to center the smile on the subjects face?

Or would you just like to hear that your girlfriend is hot?!

Good pic.

I'm enjoying all of the shots on this board, and your little drive-by is terrific, as it catches an unposed look of happiness. What makes this even more unbelievable is that she is smiling... at a gas station.

Like everything else the pictures you see posted here are generally the best of the batch, and for every "keeper" there are 10 "burners" and 20 "filers to fix later...maybe".

Keep on trying. If you get a "keeper" like this one, every once in a while to frame, you should be happy.
    D7000, D70, CP990, CP900, FE.
    50mm f/1.8, Sigma 18-125, Sigma 24-70 f/2.8, Nikon 18-105 VR, Nikon 55-200 VR, Nikon 43-86 f/3.5 AiS, Vivitar 28-90 F/2.8-3.5 Macro, Vivitar 75-205 F/3.8-4.8, SB800.
    Ha! See, I can change...

http://d70fan.smugmug.com/