Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Angry Blurred image while taking closeup of flowers with Canon PowershotA80

Hi,

I am using canon powershot A80 4 Megapixel camera. When taking closeup of pictures like a red rose, the camera does not (in automode) focuss clearly and the flower looks blurred and the background(leaves etc) is focussed clearly and is sharp. Can anyone suggest some tips?

Joy

Hello Geoff Chandler, Bluedog and aparmley ,

Thank so much for your suggestions. I will try them.

Joy
    Last edited by joyscaria; 04-30-2005 at 04:55 PM. Reason: thank you

Quote Originally Posted by joyscaria
    Hi,

I am using canon powershot A80 4 Megapixel camera. When taking closeup of pictures like a red rose, the camera does not (in automode) focuss clearly and the flower looks blurred and the background(leaves etc) is focussed clearly and is sharp. Can anyone suggest some tips?

Joy
    Once you get closer than a certain point you will need to switch to Macro Mode on the camera - otherwise the lens will not focus correctly. Be sure to check in the manual what the distances are for normal or Macro photography. Also - once you are in that close you need a very steady hand - and/or a faster shutter speed if possible. Most likely you havent switched to Macro. - If Macro isn't available in Auto - try Program instead.
    Geoff Chandler. UK/England/Surrey
    NIKON D90 / D80. Nikon 16 - 85 VR, Tamron 28-200,
    Sigma 70-300APO, Tokina 100 AT-X Pro D.
    SB600 flash. Panasonic DMC-TZ25

http://geof777.multiply.com

and too your gonna need to change the Auto Focusing Mode by selecting the Center Point Auto Focus, for that matter leave it the Center Point AF mode.

Canon EOS 30D | Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 | Canon 17-40mm f/4L | Canon 24-105mm f/4L IS| Canon 70-200mm f/4L | Canon Speedlite 430EX + Sto-Fen Omni Bounce | Manfrotto 3001BD & 680B/486RC2 | Hoya Super HMC Pro1 Digital Filters | Hitech ND & GND Filters | Bags > Kata R-103 + Lowepro Nova 5 AW

RawShooter | premium 2006 > My PBase Gallery

The macro mode is usually indicated by the flower looking symbol.