Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 24 of 121 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474 ... LastLast

Thread: Abstracts

Quote Originally Posted by sod1
    Is it recognizable?
    is that a picture pasted onto another or was it shot that way?
    canon 17-40 L, 70-200 f2.8 L, 400 f5.6 L, 50 f1.4 & f1.8, 1.4x TC, sigma 15 f2.8 fisheye, flash 500 DG Super, kenko extension tubes

note to self: don't participate in sad, silly threads unless you're looking for sad, silly responses.

"anti-BS filter" (from andy): http://dcresource.com/forums/showpos...94&postcount=4

Abstractish or artificial sunset?

Couldn't decide so I posted it here. The combination of a strange street light and the absence of the setting sun just caught my eye as a bit odd. The seagull repelling spikes just add a bit more strangeness. Hope you like.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Awesome photos guys! I just browsed through this thread and am loving what I'm seeing.

Jeff - those water droplets are amazing. What settings were you using on your camera to get those?

I've just started to take more "artsy"/abstract photos within the last year or so. Here are two that I took this spring.

Anyone care to guess what this is?

Normally people take pics looking up, not the other way around...

Very striking shots bklassen as you say very few shots are taken looking down like that. The first one looks like overtightened bolts through perhaps a wooden board that has been painted & weathered? It would be nice to see some far away shots of the close ups at some point to see what they really are.

here's my contribution... nothing special.. just simple

Quote Originally Posted by x3ro
    here's my contribution... nothing special.. just simple

i tried that a few times but i seem to be using too slow of a shutter, so i get blurs all over. too fast and there's little effect. what shutter speed are you using?
    canon 17-40 L, 70-200 f2.8 L, 400 f5.6 L, 50 f1.4 & f1.8, 1.4x TC, sigma 15 f2.8 fisheye, flash 500 DG Super, kenko extension tubes

note to self: don't participate in sad, silly threads unless you're looking for sad, silly responses.

"anti-BS filter" (from andy): http://dcresource.com/forums/showpos...94&postcount=4

You might think it was simple but it is very effective, how did you do that. Presumably it was shot into the sun & image edited slightly somehow?

ReF, and Phill,

Thanks

It was image edited... Here's the original:

http://www.phoenixcis.net/~x3ro/park...y/images/6.jpg

What I did was open the image in photoshop, and click the channels tab. From there, I clicked on the Green channel, did a zoom blur on the Green channel. I then clicked back on the RGB channel so all were selected, then went back to the layers tab. Then I clicked on the "create fill or adjustment layer" button at the bottom of the layers thing that looks like a yinyang. I used the hue/saturation one, and desaturated the image

Quote Originally Posted by x3ro
    ReF, and Phill,

Thanks

It was image edited... Here's the original:

http://www.phoenixcis.net/~x3ro/park...y/images/6.jpg

What I did was open the image in photoshop, and click the channels tab. From there, I clicked on the Green channel, did a zoom blur on the Green channel. I then clicked back on the RGB channel so all were selected, then went back to the layers tab. Then I clicked on the "create fill or adjustment layer" button at the bottom of the layers thing that looks like a yinyang. I used the hue/saturation one, and desaturated the image
    i guess some tricks are better left to post processing! not to mention being able to keep an original if it's an action shot and there's no time to shoot two frames. thanks for the tip - i've been wondering how that's done in PS for some time!

Quote Originally Posted by Phill D
    Very striking shots bklassen as you say very few shots are taken looking down like that. The first one looks like overtightened bolts through perhaps a wooden board that has been painted & weathered? It would be nice to see some far away shots of the close ups at some point to see what they really are.
    Thanks for the compliment! Here's a shot of that same overtightened bolt a little more zoomed out...see if you can guess what it is now