Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 14 of 121 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464114 ... LastLast

Thread: Abstracts

JTL, I can see why you like it, lots of color, its a great abstract. Aparmley, thanks for the kind words. Thats a great shot, I can see why you were very pleased with it.

Thank you again BE, you're too kind.
    JTL- again that is one complex photo... if you let your eyes relax a bit it turns into something like an optical illusion... at first glance my eyes did not focus on buildings...and when they did it was an interesting effect. I still can't quite figure this out... I want to say its a reflection, because that was my first impression, however, with enough study it almost looks as if you are above the city there...which now I believe to be accurate. pretty cool.

JTL is making us think a lot in this thread!
    Nikon D90 | Sigma 10-20 HSM | DX 18-105 f3.5-5.6 VR | DX 55-200 VR | 35 f/2.0 D | 50 f/1.4 D | 85mm F/1.8 D | SB-800 x 3 | SU-800
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Flickr | Twitter

You are having some fun on the thread - great shots folks.

Here is a "cheap" shot of the underwing of a moth. Canon A80, exp 1/160, f4.9, exposure compensation -2/3.

regards
    Wombat

Wombat - (can we call you Taz for short? )...ain't nature amazing when you get up close? It's cool to pull things out of context and give the viewer a visual treat. Very cool image...

Andrew...thanks for the compliments! You are correct! This is the second abstact that I posted that started out as an aerial shot of Manhattan. The original came out blurry (wrong ISO setting!) but with a little help in PSP, it suddenly became a "keeper". About half of what I shoot is source material for "photo paintings", so it was a nice surprise to get one that was unplanned...the inspiration actually came becuase of this thread!

Quote Originally Posted by JTL
    Wombat - (can we call you Taz for short? )...ain't nature amazing when you get up close? It's cool to pull things out of context and give the viewer a visual treat. Very cool image...

Andrew...thanks for the compliments! You are correct! This is the second abstact that I posted that started out as an aerial shot of Manhattan. The original came out blurry (wrong ISO setting!) but with a little help in PSP, it suddenly became a "keeper". About half of what I shoot is source material for "photo paintings", so it was a nice surprise to get one that was unplanned...the inspiration actually came becuase of this thread!
    Wombat, I agree, great shot. JTL. you said photo paintings, would love to see one. oh, and by the way, here's another attempt for the day. hope you like.

Quote Originally Posted by Bald Eagle
    JTL. you said photo paintings, would love to see one.
    Here's one I sold recently...it's a photo of a piece of berry pie...shhhh...don't tell anyone...

[QUOTE=JTL]Here's one I sold recently...it's a photo of a piece of berry pie...shhhh...don't tell anyone...
    That is extremely impressive. thank you for sharing your art.

Thats impressive JTL great work! congrats on the Sale.

Here is a rendition of the lewis and Clark bridge in Alton IL.
    Nikon D90 | Sigma 10-20 HSM | DX 18-105 f3.5-5.6 VR | DX 55-200 VR | 35 f/2.0 D | 50 f/1.4 D | 85mm F/1.8 D | SB-800 x 3 | SU-800
    Flickr | Twitter

And a variation of the above photo...
    Flickr | Twitter

I think I like the second one best, aparmley, very nice colors.

I just clued in that I have an abstract too, my "Amazonian Rain Forest with Lakes":
    Gerard Stafleu
    Gallery at http://www.flickr.com/photos/gstafleu