Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 8 of 121 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108 ... LastLast

Thread: Abstracts

Quote Originally Posted by sod1
    Thank you.
    This is picture of the Sun. I used a telescope t capture it. I tried to make prminences look better and I played with the picture in the photo shop. Of course now it does not look like the Sun at all, but I got this 3D effect.
    WOW, it makes the shot all that more impressive to look at. You need to post more photos like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bald Eagle
    WOW, it makes the shot all that more impressive to look at. You need to post more photos like this.
    Thank you. Photographing promineneces is adictive. I just cannot stop. But it is also very hard. Astrophotography is the hardest type of all photographies. Of course I'm not doing it right. I'm taking pictures afocaly,which means I hold my camera over the eyepice of my telescope. By doing this I'm loosing some quality, but forget about photography. Watching promineneces is amazing. Only think about this. Hot plasma hanging on the sun edge, creating all kind of abstract figures. Here's the picture that I took today. I changed it to be black and white in order to bring more details.
    Mila.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I know, I love to see pics such as this, B&W is cool, but I like the color ones better. Have you tried using Prime Focus yet, actually attaching the camera to the telescope with a "T" adapter. It has worked great for me.

I know, I love to see pics such as this, B&W is cool, but I like the color ones better. Have you tried using Prime Focus yet, actually attaching the camera to the telescope with a "T" adapter. It has worked great for me.
    For me too with the moon, but I use special scope for the sun. It's only 400 mm focal length. It will not do prominences with prime focus.
    I believe with this prominence black and white gave me more details. Here's the same picture in color. Of course, I made the sun itself black for a better contrast.
    Last edited by sod1; 05-29-2005 at 08:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sod1
    For me too with the moon, but I use special scope for the sun. It's only 400 mm focal length. It will not do prominences with prime focus.
    I believe with this prominence black and white gave me more details. Here's the same picture in color. Of course, I made the sun itself black for a better contrast.
    What kind of Scope do you use for the Sun. I know they have the solar filters, but, i dont know how well they work.

What kind of Scope do you use for the Sun. I know they have the solar filters, but, i dont know how well they work.
    I use P.S.T. (personal solar telescope). It deppens what you'd like to see. For sunspots only cheap filtes work very well. If you'd like to see promineces, filaments and so on, you need h-alpha filters. They are very expensive. My scope was $500. It is cheap for h-alpha, that's why I could see prominences OK, but surface details are 60% worse than with much more expensive filters.

Thanks for the info, your solar shots are very impressive. as you get more, would love to see them.

Took this today at the beach, thought it was really strange looking.

Allan.

Maddox, it looks like the business end of a whisk broom , great shot. boxgirl73, Excellent idea for a photo, like the B&W effect. nice shot.
    Thanks Bald Eagle! It happens to be a very special photo.....it's my favorite i've ever taken to be honest

Neat thread...glad someone started it...

abstract is the only word to describe this image.