Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Looking for a camera with good night funcions...

I'm looking for a good camera that has the following:

1) good images taken at night
    2) pretty good angle width
    3) 3-4/5MP
    4) price around or less than $300

Are there any cameras that would fit my description? I'm looking at all the reviews and its all driving me nuts, I was looking at the canons and mostly sony...but I don't know; any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Smile Digital Camera for Night Photos

I also like night photos. Take a look at these digital cameras. They do a nice job with night digital photos.

Canon S-50
    Pentax Optio 555
    Sony W-1
    Casio P600
    Konica-Minolta G-500
    Olympus C-8080
    Olympus C-765

I may think of more, but that gives you quite a wide selection.

Sarah Joyce

Any views on the Sony Cyber-shot DSC-P92/R93 or Sony Cyber-shot DSC-P72/P73 as compared to the others?

Smile Sony P73/93

Niteshadow-

The Sony P-73 will probably do a lttle bit better than the P-93. With long exposures on a tripod at the lowest ISO number good digital photos are definitely possible with the Cybershot P-73.

Can you tell us a bit more about your experience and your general objectives? Perhaps it would let us be more specific in our suggestions.

Sarah Joyce

I just need a camera to snap famiily photos and what not, but I would like a rather good camera - nothing top of the line or anything but a pretty good camera to take nice, sharp, colorful images during the day and as well as the night and well be able to capture things at a decent angles.

I'm considering Sony W-1 or P73, but I'm not sure which would perform better at what I described; or is there another camera worth considering that is not way over $300?

Thanks for all your help. Much appreciated.
    Last edited by niteshadw; 08-31-2004 at 06:10 AM.

Smile Digital Camera Choice

It my opinion only, but my first choice would be the Sony W-1 followed by the P-73.

Sarah Joyce

Night shot question

Quote Originally Posted by speaklightly
    I also like night photos. Take a look at these digital cameras. They do a nice job with night digital photos.

Canon S-50
    I love the idea of taking some night shots, too (though I haven't purchased a camera yet). I've read the specs on the Canon S-50, and the slowest shutter speed is 15 sec. Being completely new to photography, is this good, or would most night pictures require a slower shutter speed? Is there any way to judge how long of an exposure a particular shot would need (perhaps I've crossed out of the topic for this forum).

Thanks!

Smile Canon S-50 Night Digital Photos

The Canon S-50 does an excellent with night digital photos. Because the intensity of lighting at night can be entirely different from one shot to the next, there is no real formula for night digital photos.

I have already listed a few digital cameras that do an excellent job with night photos. However, because the lighting can be so variable you will have to take a number of digital photos and experiment with the exposure.

Sarah Joyce

Which of the two, W1 and P73 capture the most amount of the field; wides view angle? Is there a special name for that feature/function because I cannot seem to see anything like that on the specifications. Thanks

Smile Sony W-1 versus Sony P-73

The wide angle focal length of these two digital cameras is almost exactly the same. here is the wide angle focal length, in 35mm terms: the W-1's is 38mm and the P-73's is 39mm. The difference is so small that it does not matter in terms of field of vision.

Sarah Joyce