Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Chicago Airport shopping

I have decided to buy my first DSLR after much deliberation. I have just found out that my wife is going to be visiting Chicago on business in a couple of weeks. I am in the UK, so may be able to get a significantly better price in the US than at home. She will not have much time for shopping however.

Does anyone know if there is a camera shop in the international terminal of Chicago O'Hare airport? If so, does anyone have contact details?
    Many thanks

I personally have never seen good deals in airport terminal tax free nonsense shops.... Maybe it would be an idea to get a camera from the european main land?
    Canon EOS 350D, Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 macro, Sigma 18-50mm F2.8 DC EX, Canon EF 70-200mm f/4 L USM, Tokina AT-X124 Pro 12-24mm F4, Soligor 1.7x C/D4 DG Teleconvertor, Manfrotto 724B tripod, Canon Powershot S30

Quote Originally Posted by a.pattison@ntlworld.com
    I have decided to buy my first DSLR after much deliberation. I have just found out that my wife is going to be visiting Chicago on business in a couple of weeks. I am in the UK, so may be able to get a significantly better price in the US than at home. She will not have much time for shopping however.

Does anyone know if there is a camera shop in the international terminal of Chicago O'Hare airport? If so, does anyone have contact details?
    Many thanks
    I've been to/through O'Hare well over 100 times (mainly the G-K and International terminals) and don't remember seeing a camera shop per se. There are duty free shops that carry cameras but again not sure about dSLR's and it would be a very limited selection, at MSRP +, so probably no bargain there.

Maybe someone here lives in the Chicago area and can direct you to a camera store in the area, or go with Ritz/Wolf which are not the best deal but are everywhere.

A final option, and maybe best option, which will save sales tax as well, is to have the camera shipped from B&H, Norman Camera, or some other trustworthy on-line dealer to a Chicago address (friend or biz aquantance).

That said, if something goes wrong with the camera the warranty will only be valid in the USA and you will have to ship it to the U.S. for repair.
    D7000, D70, CP990, CP900, FE.
    50mm f/1.8, Sigma 18-125, Sigma 24-70 f/2.8, Nikon 18-105 VR, Nikon 55-200 VR, Nikon 43-86 f/3.5 AiS, Vivitar 28-90 F/2.8-3.5 Macro, Vivitar 75-205 F/3.8-4.8, SB800.
    Ha! See, I can change...

http://d70fan.smugmug.com/

I suspect your wife has the name of some person she's been dealing with on business. I would ask that person if it would be okay to have a package delivered to their home or business for you. Then you could order from a reputable on-line dealer.