Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 39 of 178 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989139 ... LastLast

Thread: Sunsets!

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Chandler
    ~ half way between a Sunset and a Silhouet I guess.
    More from my break last week in Wales
    Decided to leave it as I composed it straight off the camera
    (other than resize). Hope U Like...?
    Geoff

info: - KM A200, F5.6, 400th sec, aveage metering, ISO 50, 100mm equiv,
    & for A-200 owners: +1 contrast, +2 Saturation, & I think + 1 filter, daylight white, Apperture Priority
    Geoff, nice holiday!

Made a "secret spot" discovery today. This one had 3 photographers and about 30 visitors in it, but nice and peacful otherwise. Beautiful sunset tonight:

Note: This one was straight from the camera, didn't bother with the RAW processing, this is the extra small JPEG I always take with the RAW. Came out OK - this is the new 24-105L.

Here's one pointing in the other direction (post processed for contrast and drama).

And finally; one looking straight out.

I think the colors are correct, they were taken within 1 hour of one another but the sky changed dramatically. The final 2 were post processed.
    Last edited by Vich; 12-11-2005 at 01:05 AM.
    Gear List:
    Some links I like: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

here is somewhat of a reflection of a sunset on my car

sony cybershot h1

I realized my ISO was a bit high so went back tonight to try this sunset capture again. A lot cleaner I think. Beautiful view of California's Catalina Island, 26 miles distant overlooking Newport Harbor.
    Last edited by Vich; 12-11-2005 at 11:11 PM.
    Gear List:

12/11/05. San Francisco
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Vich...great pictures mate, especially the second one you posted. However, on the thrid picture... ahh never mind. They are very nice photos!

Quote Originally Posted by Buco
    Vich...great pictures mate, especially the second one you posted. However, on the thrid picture... ahh never mind. They are very nice photos!
    Thanks (I think ). Second one on first post, or do you mean second post?

And go ahead, how would I improve them all (besides using lower ISO on the first round)? What makes them good that I should remember for next time?

I like the triangles, lone tree, color contrasts, cloud drama, the "hugging" pattern the rock silouettes make, symetrical "lean" of things towards the "third points", the symetrical pattern the fingers of rock form on the 2nd post, and some other similar aspects. I think I could have cropped out (or cloned out) the trash cans and maybe done a tighter crop to eliminate the lifeguard hut. The color looks very orange on a printout, so color needs a lot of correction if I plan to print them. What else?
    Last edited by Vich; 12-12-2005 at 10:09 PM.
    Gear List:

It's been a while since I've posted anything in here (all thanks to school and Finals ). Excellent shots though guys! I took this with my new D50 (!) just the other day - still getting the hang of it, and haven't bothered fooling around with manual controls yet. Hopefully I'll gain some much needed experience with it over the Christmas break...

This pic was just taken from my backyard, looking past my neighbours house. Too bad I couldn't find a field or something, as it would've been magnificent.

Last edited by bklassen; 12-14-2005 at 12:23 AM.

our horse and sunsets in Kharkiv
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Nikon D70S NIKON 55-200 mm DX SWM VR ED IF f 4-5.6
    pardon me for my english

East Beach, Galveston

McDave--

Beautiful! "Blaze of Orange"...."Orange Blaze"????
    Kristy
    "Canon Fan"
    G5, S410, Rebel XT