Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8
    Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6
    Nikkor 50mm f/1.4
    Nikon SB600 Speedlight ]
    LightsphereII
    ...also, Canon Powershot G2
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/jsnail17
    http://www.tailwagginphotography.com

My contribution - I won't post it here, because even in this highly compressed form it's still a massive image. The real one is over 12,000 pixels wide. So here's a link to it.

http://phenomenological.deviantart.c...ssion-75747698
    Gear List:
    Canon 40D + Sigma 18-50mm + Canon 55-250mm

My Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by jsnail View Post
    Lukas, LOVE the last shot! Fantastic colors
    Thank you very much. I appreciate it.
    Lukas

Camera: Anonymous
    I could tell you but I wouldn't want you to get all pissy if it's the wrong brand

Flickr

Bolivia

From Cochabamba Bolivia
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Great shots everyone.
    Lukas, I really love the sunset shot with the surfer. It's just brilliant.

Thanks for the comments, Lukas and Sharon. I took the second one with the SB600 on the camera.

Sharon, I'm glad you like my pictures. I find it a bit hard to give tips and tricks for landscape photography, so I will just try to describe the things I try to do when shooting landscapes.

First of all, I always shoot in RAW and I expose in such a way that there are very view or no blown highlights. This means that in some situations the image straight out of the camera looks pretty dark. Then, with Capture NX is brighten the shadows and enhance the colours.

I always shoot at ISO200 with landscapes. The difference between ISO 200 and ISO 400 may not seem to big, but when you try to brighten shadows in a picture, the difference will be much more obvious. ISO400 is actually quite noisy in the shadows.

Sometimes keeping the highlights mean that the picture is way to dark to work with. Whenever that occurs I use HDR techniques (see my tutorial).

Now, when composing your picture, I think the most important think is that you create depth. This will make the image seem more three-dimensional. You can create depth in many ways. You can use lines leading your eyes through the frame, you can put something in the foreground, like plants or rocks.
    It can also help to have various layers in your image. For instance, plants in the foreground, a cabin some distance behind it, and mountains in the background.

It will always strengthen the image if the sky looks interesting. Clear blue sky (unless polarized) or a overcast day, are in my opinion not all that interesting to look at. I prefer half overcast days with contrasty clouds. It also helps shooting around sunset, because the sky will look more interesting.
    Shooting in the hours around sunset will also mean that the scenery is lit by warm light which will give better colours.

Perhaps the most important think of all is to experiment a lot. That way you will learn to look at a scene from many different perspectives. I found that going back to the same scene over and over again helped a lot. If you visit a scene many times, you will start to look for other angles than the obvious ones. Then, when visiting new scenes you'll find that it is much easier to come up with interesting compostions.

That's all I can come up with for now. I hope you find it helpfull.
    By the way, if you have any questions or if you would like C&C on a certain picture, you can always send me a PM. I cannot always reply promptly because of being busy with my study, but I will try.
    Nikon D-50
    // Nikkor 70-300 f/4-5.6 VR // Nikkor 50 mm f/1.8
    // Sigma 17-70 f/2.8-4.5 ...// Nikon SB-600
    // Sigma 10-20 f/4-5.6......// Nikon Series E 135 mm f/2.8
    // Kiron 105 f/2.8 Macro....// Manfrotto 190XPROB + 488RC4
    // Nikkor 35 f/1.8..........// Sigma 500 mm f/8

My website: http://www.dennisdolkens.nl

Thank you, Dennis, for sharing your landscape shooting style/technique, as well as the offer of help/critique via PM. Every little bit of help is always welcomed & appreciated. Not much for freezing, I don't plan on much sunrise/sunset shooting until it warms up here a bit. lol With windchill it was -24 C here yesterday in southern BC.

At this point, other than occasional cropping and resizing I have little interest in PP until I have learned (sufficiently enough) more about how to get things right (like exposure + wb) in-camera, as well as decent composition w/o having to always crop to achieve a visually pleasing picture. When I am ready to learn about PP, I'll definitely be asking LOTS of questions, as well as studying your HDR tutorial. Also, when I do get into PP I'd like to learn about using CaptureNX, any good simple books available for learning how to use it? I already have some CaptureNX pdf tutorials downloaded for future reading.

Again, dank je wel, Dennis.
    C & C most welcome - no matter how harsh, as it helps me learn.

Nikon D40, Nikkor 18-55mm II, 55-200 VR, 50mm 1.8D, ML-L3 Remote.

Flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/sharond36/

all those pic r great heres mine sunset over montreal
    "A good friend will come bail you out of jail.... But a true friend will be sitting next to you saying .... That was fun!!"
    Flicker
    my pix
    canon dslr XSi/450D ,EFS 15-85 IS USM,EFS 18-55 IS,EF 50mm f1.8 ll,EF 70-300 IS USM,Tokina 11-16 f2.8,Kenko Tubes,
    canon sd800 is - RIP

I don't think I've posted this one yet. I can't remember anymore. It's from a late December trip up to Humboldt County, CA.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Lukas

Camera: Anonymous
    I could tell you but I wouldn't want you to get all pissy if it's the wrong brand

Flickr

Just got a Canon 400D and had to go hit one of my favorite subjects up with some HDR action...

Sigma 17-70 @ 17mm
    f/16
    ISO 100

super duper

Wow great HDR
    AmiMaija

Rebel Xsi 450D, Canon 18-55mm IS, Canon 55-250 IS, Canon EFS 50mm f/1.8, Tamron 28-75 2.8, Tamron 70-200 2.8.
    Promaster 5550 flash and 300 series, Gary Fong puffer and Lightsphere deluxe kit.

Adobe Lightroom and Photoshop.

PowerShot S5 IS

http://prophotoannebrown.com/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/amimaija/collections/