Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 7 of 178 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast

Thread: Sunsets!

Quote Originally Posted by emalvick
    Here is a shot I took when I first got my old Fuji Finepix camera (2000 maybe) from the top of Bishop's Peak in San Luis Obispo, California. It is not a great photo. Part of it is because it is so compressed, but I've always liked the shot. If I get a chance, I want to go back and get a sunset shot at the same place. I always loved being on top of that peak when the sun sets over the incoming ocean fog.

Erik
    Just a side note... Back in those days I was a student, and I somewhat rushed at buying a digital camera without thinking of other items such as memory. Memory cards weren't too cheap at the time, so I always took shots at the lower settings and resized, etc... to save memory.

Like Geoff said, all one really needs is the memory, and the photo always brings that exact moment back to me. It was gorgeous evening. I only wish I had a flashlight for the way down... The poison oak was not fun (another memory the photo brings back).

Erik

A Desert Sunrise

Here is a sunrise shot a few weeks ago. The bright spot above the clouds is actually a spotlight effect from the sun which is why I shot this.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    D7000, D70, CP990, CP900, FE.
    50mm f/1.8, Sigma 18-125, Sigma 24-70 f/2.8, Nikon 18-105 VR, Nikon 55-200 VR, Nikon 43-86 f/3.5 AiS, Vivitar 28-90 F/2.8-3.5 Macro, Vivitar 75-205 F/3.8-4.8, SB800.
    Ha! See, I can change...

http://d70fan.smugmug.com/

sunsetting over my part of the world

Took these this evening using my Canon 300D
    Canon EOS 300 D,Sigma 28-80 mm ,F3.5-5.6 with minizoom macro.
    I will practice till I get it right, which will probably be forever .http://up.photos.yahoo.com/ed/cowenbecky/album_handler

mirror image

I loved this one, even though the trees are too dark and I couldnt correct it ,I thought it was nice.
    I will practice till I get it right, which will probably be forever .http://up.photos.yahoo.com/ed/cowenbecky/album_handler

Yeah BE's chick. I like your 2nd sunset very much too !!
    I tried a few adjustments, without your agreement, but hope you won't matter
    adjusted : trees, and get rid off this thing down left (oar?)...

wow, thanks. It was a post of some kind, next to a bridge. How did you do the corrections? When I tried, it looked strange.

I've just made a layer from darken selected area with photoshop.
    Then enlighted a bit this layer, and add contrast too to give a bit more "relief" to the trees.
    And to get rid off the left side thing, I used the duplicate tool, smoothly.

I think it could be brighten a lil more, but liked it like that

Voyager Sunset

This is an unenhanced photo taken from the cruise ship Voyager of the Seas.

welcome divetex, That photo has some fantastic colors in it. It could easily be used for a Cruise commercial. What kind of camera are you using and what settings? Thanks for sharing.

Aussie Sunsets

Here's a couple of sunsets i've been lucky enough to see:-)