Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 111 of 178 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112113121161 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 1775

Thread: Sunsets!

Here's some of mine

The second one HDR alex? i like the detail in the foreground.

Here's one of mine, not the best pic ever but ok. Some lens flare as I left my hood at home and still need to install my photoshop before i can clone it out

http://www.flickr.com/photos/14807929@N05/

D40+Sigma 17-70-2.8-4.5 DC MACRO

Those are some great sunset pics.
    Always looking for digital camera accessories!

The sun isn't up long around here this time of the year. This picture was taken 14:50, fifteen minutes later the sun had set.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/14807929@N05/

D40+Sigma 17-70-2.8-4.5 DC MACRO

Quote Originally Posted by Aldor88 View Post
    The sun isn't up long around here this time of the year. This picture was taken 14:50, fifteen minutes later the sun had set.
    Aldor, lovely image

A few sunrise pics. Nothing special. I think I'll need to invest in a GND filter at some point. Any recommendations as far as how many stops is most useful in a GND filter or what distribution of the ND section of the filter is most useful would be great.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Lukas

Camera: Anonymous
    I could tell you but I wouldn't want you to get all pissy if it's the wrong brand

Flickr

On recommendation from this forum, I got my grad ND filter here. I got the 0.6 hard edge filter (because the Hitech filters have a softer "hard edge" than others.) The edge seems just about right. The filter does not screw onto the lens. It is rectangular, quite large actually (3 inches x 4 inches or so, I'm too lazy to go get it out and see for sure.) I just hand-hold it in front of the lens. That way I can put the graduated area precisely where I want it. Also, it's large enough to use as a simple ND filter by only holding the dark area in front of the lens. If I had it to do again though, I'd probably get the 1.2 version instead. The 0.6 density is enough to make a difference, but not a big difference. Many of the shots I want to use it with have a very large dynamic range between the earth and sky, and 0.6 is not as big as an effect as I want. And I'd like to be able to try some more "artistic," surreal effects. But, 0.6 is still enough to make a difference, and I use it quite often.

By the way, it does come with a filter holder so you don't have to hand-hold it. But I'd rather just do it myself, the only trouble is you have to hold it quite close to the lens in order to avoid reflections from behind the camera.

I used the GND here and here. In both of them, the sky would have been completely blown out if I hadn't used it, unless I seriously underexposed the whole shot.
    Last edited by toriaj; 12-14-2007 at 10:11 PM.
    Nikon D50, Nikkor 18-55mm, Nikkor 50mm 1.8, Sigma 70-300mm APO DG Macro, Tokina 12-24
    Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by toriaj View Post
    On recommendation from this forum, I got my grad ND filter here. I got the 0.6 hard edge filter (because the Hitech filters have a softer "hard edge" than others.) The edge seems just about right. The filter does not screw onto the lens. It is rectangular, quite large actually (3 inches x 4 inches or so, I'm too lazy to go get it out and see for sure.) I just hand-hold it in front of the lens. That way I can put the graduated area precisely where I want it. Also, it's large enough to use as a simple ND filter by only holding the dark area in front of the lens. If I had it to do again though, I'd probably get the 1.2 version instead. The 0.6 density is enough to make a difference, but not a big difference. Many of the shots I want to use it with have a very large dynamic range between the earth and sky, and 0.6 is not as big as an effect as I want. And I'd like to be able to try some more "artistic," surreal effects. But, 0.6 is still enough to make a difference, and I use it quite often.

By the way, it does come with a filter holder so you don't have to hand-hold it. But I'd rather just do it myself, the only trouble is you have to hold it quite close to the lens in order to avoid reflections from behind the camera.

I used the GND here and here. In both of them, the sky would have been completely blown out if I hadn't used it, unless I seriously underexposed the whole shot.
    Thank you for the help. I will look at that.
    Lukas

Camera: Anonymous
    I could tell you but I wouldn't want you to get all pissy if it's the wrong brand

Flickr

I was sitting in my living room, the sunset was so florid, I thought there was a fire across the St. Johns River from my house. I was wrong....
    Both photos taken with a little POS P and S. I photoshopped out the date and time, everything is au natural if you will.

awesome shots

awesome shots
    AmiMaija

Rebel Xsi 450D, Canon 18-55mm IS, Canon 55-250 IS, Canon EFS 50mm f/1.8, Tamron 28-75 2.8, Tamron 70-200 2.8.
    Promaster 5550 flash and 300 series, Gary Fong puffer and Lightsphere deluxe kit.

Adobe Lightroom and Photoshop.

PowerShot S5 IS

http://prophotoannebrown.com/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/amimaija/collections/