Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising
 
 
 
   
Page 102 of 178 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112152 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 1775

Thread: Sunsets!

  1. #1011
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Rockland County, NY
    Posts
    228
    Great photo Prospero. Is that HDR? And does all of Scotland look like that?
    -Drew

    The world gives me subjects, I just arrange them in a viewfinder.

    Nikon D80
    Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8-4.5
    Nikon 50mm f/1.8
    Nikon 70-300mm f/4-5.6 D
    Nikon SB-600 [NEW!]

    New Gallery:
    http://drewsherlock.deviantart.com/



  2. #1012
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Delfgauw, The Netherlands
    Posts
    2,207
    Quote Originally Posted by No Control View Post
    Great photo Prospero. Is that HDR? And does all of Scotland look like that?
    Thanks Drew. This was not a HDR. I shot it in Raw, so I could brighten the shadows a lot.
    This was actually in England, in the Yorkshire Dales. But it could have been anywhere, really. Most little villages in Great Britain look just the same.
    Nikon D-50
    // Nikkor 70-300 f/4-5.6 VR // Nikkor 50 mm f/1.8
    // Sigma 17-70 f/2.8-4.5 ...// Nikon SB-600
    // Sigma 10-20 f/4-5.6......// Nikon Series E 135 mm f/2.8
    // Kiron 105 f/2.8 Macro....// Manfrotto 190XPROB + 488RC4
    // Nikkor 35 f/1.8..........// Sigma 500 mm f/8

    My website: http://www.dennisdolkens.nl

  3. #1013
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Rockland County, NY
    Posts
    228
    Quote Originally Posted by Prospero View Post
    Thanks Drew. This was not a HDR. I shot it in Raw, so I could brighten the shadows a lot.
    This was actually in England, in the Yorkshire Dales. But it could have been anywhere, really. Most little villages in Great Britain look just the same.
    Ah gotcha.
    -Drew

    The world gives me subjects, I just arrange them in a viewfinder.

    Nikon D80
    Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8-4.5
    Nikon 50mm f/1.8
    Nikon 70-300mm f/4-5.6 D
    Nikon SB-600 [NEW!]

    New Gallery:
    http://drewsherlock.deviantart.com/



  4. #1014
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    23


    slightly out of focus

  5. #1015
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    811
    aperture, Im not sure what you are trying to focus on here, the nice sunset or the black void. If its the sunset there is too much black dead space. Perhaps cropping out some would make the photo more pleasant to look at. I added some detail to the black section.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  6. #1016
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    35

    Some Sunset Shots in Arkansas.

    Hi Guys here are someshots I took with my S3 during my recent visit to Bentonville Arkansas.



    Cheers!! - Subrata
    _____________________________________________
    My Picasa
    My Flickr

  7. #1017
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    132
    Quote Originally Posted by razzmatazz View Post
    Hi Guys here are someshots I took with my S3 during my recent visit to Bentonville Arkansas.
    Very hot.
    regards
    F10

  8. #1018
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    43
    I'm cheating a little bit. This is a sunrise along the Saint Jo Shoreline of Aransas Bay from a recent fishing trip down there. There was a little squall line offshore and when the sun came up behind it, man, was it pretty. Didn't hurt that we put a spankin' on the redfish, either.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Panny FZ7.

    Drake Waterfowl Field Expert
    Ducks Unlimited Life Sponsor

  9. #1019
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Nsw Oz.
    Posts
    916

    This is a great photo P, i like it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Prospero View Post
    Rooz, amazing sunset shot.
    When seeing your sunset shots (and Kev's) I always wonder if the sunsets Down Under are really much more beautiful than those here or if it's just a right place right time thing.

    Here's a picture of the sunset in Scotland:

    Attachment 28447
    To answer your question I think it's to do with the dust. I know I can walk my dog through one of the many parks & all of a sudden it's c'mon Boots we're going home time & for me thats 3/4's of an hour, as i can see whats about to happen with the sunset. Any country that has multple mining & prolific is good to go for the sunsets, trust me.
    Kev.

    D200~
    24-70mm f2.8 , 50mm f1.8, 70-200 f2.8 VR.more

  10. #1020
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Delfgauw, The Netherlands
    Posts
    2,207
    Quote Originally Posted by T06 View Post
    To answer your question I think it's to do with the dust. I know I can walk my dog through one of the many parks & all of a sudden it's c'mon Boots we're going home time & for me thats 3/4's of an hour, as i can see whats about to happen with the sunset. Any country that has multple mining & prolific is good to go for the sunsets, trust me.
    Thanks for the explanation, Kev.
    It's really a shame that we closed all the old mines in the southern part of my country
    Nikon D-50
    // Nikkor 70-300 f/4-5.6 VR // Nikkor 50 mm f/1.8
    // Sigma 17-70 f/2.8-4.5 ...// Nikon SB-600
    // Sigma 10-20 f/4-5.6......// Nikon Series E 135 mm f/2.8
    // Kiron 105 f/2.8 Macro....// Manfrotto 190XPROB + 488RC4
    // Nikkor 35 f/1.8..........// Sigma 500 mm f/8

    My website: http://www.dennisdolkens.nl

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •