Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 63 of 178 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573113163 ... LastLast

Thread: Sunsets!

Quote Originally Posted by canuckpuck
    Here's a sunset photo I took last week. I just liked the cloud formation and the rainbow clouds. Any suggestions and critiques are most certainly welcome.
    These clouds are interesting. Can you, please, tell me what time and where did you take the picture.

Quote Originally Posted by sod1
    These clouds are interesting. Can you, please, tell me what time and where did you take the picture.
    I took this photo around 630ish (that time when you know it's sunset and when the sun disappears rather quick down the horizon). I was in a building in Mandaluyong facing the Manila bay and it looked like it was raining over there and I liked the cloud formation. I don't think it's lens flare or any lens problem because it's too irregular.

I think it was because of the weather since it's been raining here on and off for the past week.
    Canon RebelXT; Canon 50mm f1.8 II; Tamron 28-105 f4-5.6 AF

Colourfull sunset

Retired: Fuji A205S
    Current: Fuji F6500FD

My album -> http://wutske.deviantart.com/
    My blog -> http://my.opera.com/wutske

06/12/06 .
    Attached Images Attached Images  

sunrise over the bay

Sod1, an accident of birth, or a choice in life has put you in a great spot for taking pictures for this thread.

Sunrise over the bay is excellent. If I am allowed, jealously, to make one criticism - pity it's just a little overexposed in the centre. Any others that were maybe a bit less well-cooked??
    Nikon D70s user

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn Kennedy
    Sod1, an accident of birth, or a choice in life has put you in a great spot for taking pictures for this thread.

Sunrise over the bay is excellent. If I am allowed, jealously, to make one criticism - pity it's just a little overexposed in the centre. Any others that were maybe a bit less well-cooked??
    Thanks, Glenn.
    There were others, but I deleted them already. It is strange, when I used my old film camera, I printed and repritented and enlarged many pictures. Now I print none. I delete most of them. I keep some without showing them to anybody. Today in the morning I took 50 plus pictures. I kept 5. I posted only that one.

That's one of the joys of digital - the pictures are free. However, my wife has noticed that while the pictures are free - the camera and lenses are far from being free. I never delete anything. My hard drive is groaning with the burden of 3 years worth of images. I haven't taken any decent sunsets for ages. We live in a dip between some low hills (drumlins). this was taken far away, on the Mekong river, on the border between Thailand (left) and Laos (right) on January 2nd this year.
    Nikon D70s user

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn Kennedy
    That's one of the joys of digital - the pictures are free. However, my wife has noticed that while the pictures are free - the camera and lenses are far from being free. I never delete anything. My hard drive is groaning with the burden of 3 years worth of images. I haven't taken any decent sunsets for ages. We live in a dip between some low hills (drumlins). this was taken far away, on the Mekong river, on the border between Thailand (left) and Laos (right) on January 2nd this year.
    I even do not keep my pictures on hard drive. I burn them on CDs and then I cannot find them.

It is a nice sunset, Glenn.

06/13/06 the bridge and its reflection
    Last edited by sod1; 06-13-2006 at 10:14 PM.

6/13/06 and now I turned around