Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising
 
 
 
   
Page 94 of 250 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104144194 ... LastLast
Results 931 to 940 of 2498

Thread: Bird Thread

  1. #931
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Delfgauw, The Netherlands
    Posts
    2,207
    Quote Originally Posted by cwphoto
    Prospero, your Budgie looks like a she...
    If I'm correct, you can distinguish a male and female budgie by the colour of that patch above the beak. If it's brown the budgie is female, if it's blue the budgie is mill. On this picture the budgie indeed is female. However a couple of weeks ago the patch was blue, so back then the budgie was male. Weeks before that, the colour was again brown. The colour is continually changing. I don't think that's normal...

    Anyway, my sister named the budgie Ernie at a time that he seemed to be male, so ever since we refer to the budgie as a man.

  2. #932
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Crapville, Australia
    Posts
    5,148
    Quote Originally Posted by Prospero
    If I'm correct, you can distinguish a male and female budgie by the colour of that patch above the beak. If it's brown the budgie is female, if it's blue the budgie is mill. On this picture the budgie indeed is female. However a couple of weeks ago the patch was blue, so back then the budgie was male. Weeks before that, the colour was again brown. The colour is continually changing. I don't think that's normal...

    Anyway, my sister named the budgie Ernie at a time that he seemed to be male, so ever since we refer to the budgie as a man.
    You are correct. My family bred budgies for a few years and the females have the brown crusty seer. If Ernie's seer is crusty than he's a she!
    Christian Wright; Dip Phot
    EOS 5D Mark III | EOS 600D | EOS-1V HS
    L: 14/2.8 II | 24/1.4 II | 35/1.4 | 50/1.2 | 85/1.2 II | 135/2 | 180/3.5 Macro | 200/2.8 II | 400/2.8 IS | 16-35/2.8 II | 24-105/4 IS | 70-200/2.8 IS II | 100-400/4.5-5.6 IS
    580EX II | EF 12 II | EF 25 II

  3. #933
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Delfgauw, The Netherlands
    Posts
    2,207
    But is it normal that the colour is continually changing from blue to brown and crusty? My previous female budgie never changed the colour of her seer.

  4. #934
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Crapville, Australia
    Posts
    5,148
    Quote Originally Posted by Prospero
    But is it normal that the colour is continually changing from blue to brown and crusty? My previous female budgie never changed the colour of her seer.
    It's not uncommon.
    Christian Wright; Dip Phot
    EOS 5D Mark III | EOS 600D | EOS-1V HS
    L: 14/2.8 II | 24/1.4 II | 35/1.4 | 50/1.2 | 85/1.2 II | 135/2 | 180/3.5 Macro | 200/2.8 II | 400/2.8 IS | 16-35/2.8 II | 24-105/4 IS | 70-200/2.8 IS II | 100-400/4.5-5.6 IS
    580EX II | EF 12 II | EF 25 II

  5. #935
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    376
    Here's a chickadee that was playing Hide-and-Seek with me for a while, but he never would face me.




    Last edited by Dawoofo; 02-13-2006 at 07:37 PM.

  6. #936
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    23
    This is a Canada goose and a Greater White-fronted goose. I was trying to get a shot of the White-fronted, because it's rare around here, and the Canada flew in front of me.

    Nikon D50
    28-80mm f/3.3-5.6G
    70-300mm f/4-5.6G

  7. #937
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Monterey Bay
    Posts
    6,011
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawoofo
    Here's a chickadee that was playing Hide-and-Seek with me for a while, but he never would face me.
    I guess you don't know a "mooning" when you see one...
    D7000, D70, CP990, CP900, FE.
    50mm f/1.8, Sigma 18-125, Sigma 24-70 f/2.8, Nikon 18-105 VR, Nikon 55-200 VR, Nikon 43-86 f/3.5 AiS, Vivitar 28-90 F/2.8-3.5 Macro, Vivitar 75-205 F/3.8-4.8, SB800.
    Ha! See, I can change...


    http://d70fan.smugmug.com/

  8. #938
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Monterey Bay
    Posts
    6,011
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiloh
    This is a Canada goose and a Greater White-fronted goose. I was trying to get a shot of the White-fronted, because it's rare around here, and the Canada flew in front of me.
    A good shot! Down the road you might just want to leave the aperture on the Nikkor 70-300 G, at f/8 for all focal lengths on this lens. If you run out of shutter speed just kick up the ISO a stop.

    Not a critique, just a suggestion.
    D7000, D70, CP990, CP900, FE.
    50mm f/1.8, Sigma 18-125, Sigma 24-70 f/2.8, Nikon 18-105 VR, Nikon 55-200 VR, Nikon 43-86 f/3.5 AiS, Vivitar 28-90 F/2.8-3.5 Macro, Vivitar 75-205 F/3.8-4.8, SB800.
    Ha! See, I can change...


    http://d70fan.smugmug.com/

  9. #939
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Central coast NSW Australia
    Posts
    169

    Bird with a Grub

    Bird hunting grubs in the lawn
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Pentax K10D Sigma18-125 f3.5-5.6 DC, Sigma 70-300 f4-5.6 APO DG Macro, Sigma 28-70 f2.8 EX, Sigma 50-500 EX APO DG, Vivitar Series 1 105 f2.5 Macro
    Kenko 2X Converter, Kenko Extention Tubes

  10. #940
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    113
    I was testing my new lens and shot a duck.
    E-500 w/Sigma 55-200mm at 55mm f4.0

    Penz-world.com
    Olympus E-500 w/17.5-45 Zuiko and 55-200mm Sigma, M42 Adapter with a bunch of lenses, FL-36 Flash
    Two Nikon N90 bodies and a few other film bodies.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •