Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 59 of 251 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169109159 ... LastLast

Thread: Bird Thread

let's go blue jays!

great series saeed, some cool action shots there!

gracie, those are some awesome shots!

O.K so Baseball season for the Toronto Blue Jays is done...plus they suck :LOL:

Anyway, here are some blue jay pics. I really wish i had more range to get closer to these guys...there were so many of them but they wouldn't let me get close enough for some sharp pics. These are cropped to show them closer. So there not as sharp as i would've liked :cry:

THis guy gave me only one shot and i think i got him a split second before he took off.

Canon Digital Rebel 350D (XT)
    Canon 100-400mm F4.5 L, 85mm 1.8 18-55mm,

You create your reality.

name that bird!

Got these shots today as well, same place as the blue jays, but i don't know what kind they are, except that the black and white one is some sort of woodpecker.

anyone know?

Canon Digital Rebel 350D (XT)
    Canon 100-400mm F4.5 L, 85mm 1.8 18-55mm,

You create your reality.

As always some really great shots on here, not taken many recently I started a new job this week and have had to concentrate on work!

Here is a shot I took earlier in the year.......the Mighty Bald Eagle, Hope you like..........

Val

Canon EOS 20D
    Canon F2.8 100mm Macro, Canon F4 100-400 IS, Sigma 50-500mm, Sigma 70-300mm, Canon 18-55mm, Canon F2.8 50mm
    Canon S2 IS

My Photo Album

That's a totally AWESOME shot of the eagle. Is this one caged? He's beautiful!
    My Camera: Minolta Maxxum 7D

Some of my pictures:
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v357/gracie328/

Val,

That eagle shot is nothing short of awesome. Thank you so much for letting us see it.

Anne

Thumbs up

Val yes excellent shot of the eagle it looks like you were in a studio & he posed for you . How did you manage to isolate the bird from the background so well?
    Oh & good luck with the new job.
    Around every picture there's a corner & round every corner there's a picture
    - the fun's in finding them

Quote Originally Posted by Tyger
    Got these shots today as well, same place as the blue jays, but i don't know what kind they are, except that the black and white one is some sort of woodpecker.

anyone know?
    Hi, Tyger - some nice shots there. I don't know for sure about the first one, although the streamlined shape suggests a wren. The second one is a flicker, a large woodpecker that spends as much time on the ground as on treetrunks.

The third is a female downy woodpecker (the male has a red patch on its head like the flicker). If it's used to people, and most city birds are, they're friendly and readily eat out of your hand if you have peanuts.

Regards,
    Bill

I'm still not sure if film shots are welcome or not, but until I find out, here are a couple of mine. They were shot with a Minolta Maxxum 7000i and a 400mm Tokina lens or a 100 x 300 lens. I don't recall which, as they are several years old.

These can't compare with Val's eagle. I'm still trying to get my jaw off the ground after seeing that one.

Taken at Ding Darling National Wildlife Refuge, Sanibel Island, Florida

Taken at Flamingo Gardens, Cooper City, Florida

Cattle Egret. Location unknown. This bird is very common in Florida and can be found along roadsides everywhere.

Would love some constructive criticism and opinions, as that's how we learn. In the few days I've been a member of this site, I have come to value everyone's talent and expertise, and it's an honor to be among you.

Anne

Quote Originally Posted by gracie328
    That's a totally AWESOME shot of the eagle. Is this one caged? He's beautiful!
    Thanks Gracie and everyone for your comments. The eagle is in captivity, he is one of three at the Hawk Conservancy at Weyhil, Nr Andover in the UK. He was sat on a perch waiting to take part in the Valley of the Eagles flying demonstration.

Glad you liked him, I though I had included this shot with the ones I uploaded previously on here.
    Val

Canon EOS 20D
    Canon F2.8 100mm Macro, Canon F4 100-400 IS, Sigma 50-500mm, Sigma 70-300mm, Canon 18-55mm, Canon F2.8 50mm
    Canon S2 IS

My Photo Album