Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising
 
 
 
   
Page 33 of 251 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383133 ... LastLast
Results 321 to 330 of 2504

Thread: Bird Thread

  1. #321
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    884

    Rainbow Lorikeet

    just breaking up the duck series with some serious colour ;-)

    ------
    Joel - Canon 50d, EF16-35/2.8 Mk1, Σ 50/1.4, EF100/2.8 Macro, EF70-200/4 IS, 430EX II
    http://www.eisner.id.au

  2. #322
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Gainesville, Florida
    Posts
    102

    Pure Color

    Hi Jeisner,

    Thanks for posting that. Those are probably the only birds that can give painted buntings a run for their money.

    Here's a woodpecker taken at full zoom with my Panasonic FZ-10. I wish I could have gotten a little closer for more detail.

    Scatamousche


  3. #323
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Sherman Texas
    Posts
    201
    Quote Originally Posted by scatamousche
    Hi Jeisner,



    Here's a woodpecker taken at full zoom with my Panasonic FZ-10. I wish I could have gotten a little closer for more detail.

    Scatamousche
    I'll go out on a limb and say that is a Red-headed Woodpecker. Good shot of him.
    Bill, Pentax K100D, 18-55mm, 70-300mm

  4. #324
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    220
    Some great shots here from everyone!

    Here's a female RWB from yesterday.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    -Dave
    Canon 40D | Canon XTi | 70-200mm f/4L IS | 50mm f/1.4 USM | 100mm f/2.8 Macro | Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8

  5. #325
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Gainesville, Florida
    Posts
    102

    Tree shots

    Quote Originally Posted by XOO
    I'll go out on a limb and say that is a Red-headed Woodpecker. Good shot of him.
    Hi Bill,

    It is, indeed, a red headed woodpecker although I couldn't tell you whether it is male or female. In this particular species of woodpecker the males and females look very similar. I have been trying for the last couple of years to get a decent picture of a pilated woodpecker but they are either too far away, in the shade or their heads are moving.

    You did a great job on the cedar waxwing. It is well lit and in a nice natural setting. Keep em coming.

    Scatamousche

  6. #326
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Sherman Texas
    Posts
    201
    Quote Originally Posted by scatamousche
    Hi Bill,

    It is, indeed, a red headed woodpecker although I couldn't tell you whether it is male or female. In this particular species of woodpecker the males and females look very similar. I have been trying for the last couple of years to get a decent picture of a pilated woodpecker but they are either too far away, in the shade or their heads are moving.

    You did a great job on the cedar waxwing. It is well lit and in a nice natural setting. Keep em coming.

    Scatamousche
    Strange about my Waxwing. That was taken by a 'brand x' camera(My Uzi was off for repairs). I could not see any detail of the bird and was not happy with the shot. Sold that camera on eBay!

    The Pilated Woodpecker is not in the North part of Texas. Wife and I saw one while visiting a cousin in Mississippi in May. I had seen pictures of them but wife had not. When she saw him she got excited and thought some prehistoric bird had surfaced!
    Bill, Pentax K100D, 18-55mm, 70-300mm

  7. #327
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Yorkshire, UK
    Posts
    302
    boy these seem dull after that lot
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    John

  8. #328
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    220
    A RWB in the sunshine today doing what they do best.
    I lightened up the shadows a touch since I had a bad angle on him...
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    -Dave
    Canon 40D | Canon XTi | 70-200mm f/4L IS | 50mm f/1.4 USM | 100mm f/2.8 Macro | Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8

  9. #329
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Sherman Texas
    Posts
    201
    Quote Originally Posted by snowrdr
    I lightened up the shadows a touch since I had a bad angle on him...
    Excuses, excuses! Nothing but excuses

    Matter of fact your photos swayed me to order my S2 today!
    Bill, Pentax K100D, 18-55mm, 70-300mm

  10. #330
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Sherman Texas
    Posts
    201
    Quote Originally Posted by Alnath
    boy these seem dull after that lot
    Great captures! But I don't believe they have their breeding colors just yet!
    Bill, Pentax K100D, 18-55mm, 70-300mm

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •