Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 31 of 251 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181131 ... LastLast

Thread: Bird Thread

[QUOTE=snowrdr]Columbia River Osprey from this morning

Wow! That is some shot! Congratulations!
    Bill, Pentax K100D, 18-55mm, 70-300mm

I agree, that is one fantastic shot of the Osprey. well done, excellent work.

Thanks XOO and BE!

Here are two more

Last edited by snowrdr; 07-10-2005 at 11:01 AM. Reason: fix typo
    -Dave
    Canon 40D | Canon XTi | 70-200mm f/4L IS | 50mm f/1.4 USM | 100mm f/2.8 Macro | Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8

osprey are awesome! your shots are even better! they're probably my favorite bird of prey. they're so reckless...if anyone has ever seen them hunt fish, you know what i mean. they simply fall out of the sky and smack into the water, rather than the gracefull swooping action that eagles and hawks do.

again, great shots!!!

Steller's Jay

-Dave
    Canon 40D | Canon XTi | 70-200mm f/4L IS | 50mm f/1.4 USM | 100mm f/2.8 Macro | Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8

Egret

Quote Originally Posted by lynchbird
    Scatamousche:

That last shot is fantastic! I love the framing above and below by the cypress branches and roots.

Hi Phill & Lynchbird,

Thanks for your comments on my Egret picture. After I took this shot I handed the camera to my wife and she went in for an even closer shot. Her's is now a framed A3 sized picture over our bed.

Hi Jeff,
    I was curious about where that sanctuary is located. It really looks like a great place to shoot some nature shots. Are those storks?

Hi snowrdr,
    Well done on the ospreys. Is that a decapitated fish in it's talon? I have never seen that type of Jay before, but then, I am on the opposite side of the continent.

Here is a picture of some mallards taken about an hour before sunset.

Scatamousche

Took these pics of a nest of cardinals in the rhododendrons in front of my house today! I really wish I had a better camera, since these are heavily cropped and sharpened. But hopefully they'll hold up from a documentary standpoint, if not an artistic one.

The Three Babies

Mommy Feeding Them

Daddy Feeding Them
    Last edited by lynchbird; 07-10-2005 at 01:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by scatamousche
    Hi Phill & Lynchbird,

Hi Jeff,
    I was curious about where that sanctuary is located. It really looks like a great place to shoot some nature shots. Are those storks?
    This bird sanctury is located at around 150 km of Bangalore City (India).

Quote Originally Posted by lynchbird
    Took these pics of a nest of cardinals in the rhododendrons in front of my house today! I really wish I had a better camera, since these are heavily cropped and sharpened. But hopefully they'll hold up from a documentary standpoint, if not an artistic one.
    Those are excellent shots! Look good on my monitor. Cardinals haven't had an easy go of it around my home. Believe it is snakes which get the eggs and maybe an adult as well. Last year I did put one of those wireless color cams ($24) on the limb where the nest was located. Was able to watch them until they left the nest.
    Bill, Pentax K100D, 18-55mm, 70-300mm

From today, not sure what he is. He landed and gave me one shot...
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    -Dave