Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising
 
 
 
   
Page 16 of 250 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666116 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 2495

Thread: Bird Thread

  1. #151
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Monterey Bay
    Posts
    5,924
    Quote Originally Posted by Bald Eagle
    Wombat, What's wrong with that photo? It looks excellent, very nice shot. please post more on this thread. Geoff, I am really, really envious of your awesome Eagle shot. Its great.
    Nice to see your namesake once in a while.
    D7000, D70, CP990, CP900, FE.
    50mm f/1.8, Sigma 18-125, Sigma 24-70 f/2.8, Nikon 18-105 VR, Nikon 55-200 VR, Nikon 43-86 f/3.5 AiS, Vivitar 28-90 F/2.8-3.5 Macro, Vivitar 75-205 F/3.8-4.8, SB800.
    Ha! See, I can change...


    http://d70fan.smugmug.com/

  2. #152
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Stockholm , Sweden
    Posts
    62

    I love that Eagle!

    Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Chandler
    There's some great Bird shots here now
    Here's an Eagle - day out to Groombridge Place in Sussex/England
    They had a bird of prey display (which I missed) but i still saw the birds
    GREAT PHOTO! Congrats to a really great picture.

    MJ
    /Maddox

    http://medlem.spray.se/photos

    Canon EOS 350D
    Canon 18-55 mm
    Sigma 70-300 mm F4-5.6 II Super Macro

  3. #153
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Surrey, England
    Posts
    3,210
    Thanks for the kind comments about the Eagle guys
    - here's a Peacock - these were all over the place at Groombridge.
    I also got one of a Vulture and some kind of hawk (I think) - I may pop one or the other in when I get up or work tomorrow... The orig of the peacock looks better - I just cropped the edges a bit - it was originally landscape.
    Keep posting everyone
    (PS. A-200, ISO50,1/400thsec, F4.5, 194mm equiv)
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Geoff Chandler; 06-01-2005 at 01:19 PM.
    Geoff Chandler. UK/England/Surrey
    NIKON D90 / D80. Nikon 16 - 85 VR, Tamron 28-200,
    Sigma 70-300APO, Tokina 100 AT-X Pro D.
    SB600 flash. Panasonic DMC-TZ25

    http://geof777.multiply.com

  4. #154
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    318

    Mandarin Duck

    Quote Originally Posted by Bald Eagle
    Wombat, What's wrong with that photo? It looks excellent, very nice shot. please post more on this thread.
    Thanks Bald Eagle for the vote of confidence I suppose I get the feeling I could do so much more with different kit. Here's another shot - this time a mandarin duck. Can't go wrong with such an abstractly beautiful bird - pure photogenicity.

    Canon A80, outdoors, no flash, handheld, Zoom, Ap f/4.9, Exp 1/120s.

    regards
    Wombat
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  5. #155
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Bartow, Florida
    Posts
    861
    Quote Originally Posted by Wombat
    Thanks Bald Eagle for the vote of confidence I suppose I get the feeling I could do so much more with different kit. Here's another shot - this time a mandarin duck. Can't go wrong with such an abstractly beautiful bird - pure photogenicity.

    Canon A80, outdoors, no flash, handheld, Zoom, Ap f/4.9, Exp 1/120s.

    regards
    Wombat
    Fantastic colors on that duck. Ours are drab. great shot.

  6. #156
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Bartow, Florida
    Posts
    861
    Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Chandler
    Thanks for the kind comments about the Eagle guys
    - here's a Peacock - these were all over the place at Groombridge.
    I also got one of a Vulture and some kind of hawk (I think) - I may pop one or the other in when I get up or work tomorrow... The orig of the peacock looks better - I just cropped the edges a bit - it was originally landscape.
    Keep posting everyone
    (PS. A-200, ISO50,1/400thsec, F4.5, 194mm equiv)
    I wish we had Peacocks all over the place, we have crows and Turkey Buzzards. Awesome photo.

  7. #157
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Bartow, Florida
    Posts
    861

    Ugly Duck

    Heres what i see every morning.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  8. #158
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Georgetown, KY
    Posts
    1,627

    2 Ducks

    Geoff - fantastic eagle shot, very nice!!

    This was shot last fall. Just a slight exposure correction during RAW conversion to bring a couple of blown highlights back in. Comments always welcomed.

    Dennis

    Canon 20D, EF75-300, 1/400 @ f8 ISO 100
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  9. #159
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Bartow, Florida
    Posts
    861
    Quote Originally Posted by D Thompson
    Geoff - fantastic eagle shot, very nice!!

    This was shot last fall. Just a slight exposure correction during RAW conversion to bring a couple of blown highlights back in. Comments always welcomed.

    Dennis

    Canon 20D, EF75-300, 1/400 @ f8 ISO 100
    Your ducks look a lot nicer than mine, can we trade?

  10. #160
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Surrey, England
    Posts
    3,210
    Quote Originally Posted by Bald Eagle
    Heres what i see every morning.
    BE - Oh my goodness - and I thought I had problems!!!
    Seriously, BE, D Thompson, & Wonbat - really great bird shots
    Here's a crop of one from Groombridge BoP display - cropped as the background was mostly out of focus grass
    (to the right was just grass and to the left was the rest of the owners head)
    Info : -
    A-200; ISO50, F3.2,500th sec; 145mm equiv; daylight white; me
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Geoff Chandler; 06-01-2005 at 10:25 PM.
    Geoff Chandler. UK/England/Surrey
    NIKON D90 / D80. Nikon 16 - 85 VR, Tamron 28-200,
    Sigma 70-300APO, Tokina 100 AT-X Pro D.
    SB600 flash. Panasonic DMC-TZ25

    http://geof777.multiply.com

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •