Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 21 of 251 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171121 ... LastLast

Thread: Bird Thread

Fantastic photos are being posted on this thread, here's my humble contribution, hope you like, I think they call him a Grouch, oops, i meant Grouse.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Bald Eagle
    Fantastic photos are being posted on this thread, here's my humble contribution, hope you like, I think they call him a Grouch, oops, i meant Grouse.
    --
    Nice contribution. Easy to see identifying marks. From my bird books, I would almost say that the bird is a Northern Bobwhite No guarantees however
    Bill, Pentax K100D, 18-55mm, 70-300mm

XOO,

have you ever thought of post-processing some of your images? the shot above IMO could benefit from just a tough of contrast push and some slight white ballance. with the grey some of the image is lost...but a fine picture nonetheless!!! infact, several of your last shots posted in this thread are simply amazing! keep up the good work!

A little color.

hope you like.

Quote Originally Posted by phistio
    XOO,

have you ever thought of post-processing some of your images? the shot above IMO could benefit from just a tough of contrast push and some slight white ballance. with the grey some of the image is lost...but a fine picture nonetheless!!! infact, several of your last shots posted in this thread are simply amazing! keep up the good work!
    Thanks, phistio. Probably correct on the contrast. I try not to fiddle with the pics too much. I particularly want to capture the detail of the feathers and eye in the birds (one of the reasons I sold the Panasonic FZ1(2) and kept the UZ). I hestitated adding contrast as I feared it may darken the dark feathers to the point of just having a dark blob rather than the individual feathers under the neck area.

Some kind of Crow?

hope you like.

Thats a heron I think. Crows are much uglier.

Heres a rare shot of an Amazonian red cheek killer pigeon.

love the colors on that killer pigeon, as to the crow/heron. are you sure? it looks like a crow, only longer legs, longer beak and 30 times its size. oh, and a lot prettier

Xoo, very sharp picture. The beak do resemble a falcon but then yes its different. It looks kinda cute.

Quote Originally Posted by DiJ
    Xoo, very sharp picture. The beak do resemble a falcon but then yes its different. It looks kinda cute.
    An aside to the story...threw a towel over him (he was trying to fly through a closed window). Not being a huge bird I picked him up bare-handed. That's a no-no! Those talons pierced into my finger. I saw why once a creature is snagged by one of these there is no shaking free - those claws sink in like a fish hook - go in and curve upwards. Had to put towel over his eyes and pull each claw out individually. You could have heard me scream a block away when he did this!