Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 245 of 250 FirstFirst ... 145195235243244245246247 ... LastLast
Results 2,441 to 2,450 of 2498

Thread: Bird Thread

Amazing series of pics - looked like in the 3rd image the Heron was going to get stuck!
    Nicely captured!
    Geoff Chandler. UK/England/Surrey
    NIKON D90 / D80. Nikon 16 - 85 VR, Tamron 28-200,
    Sigma 70-300APO, Tokina 100 AT-X Pro D.
    SB600 flash. Panasonic DMC-TZ25

http://geof777.multiply.com

kgosden;
    Nice series on the Heron, squirmy dinner didn't want to go down!
    Re: the Birds of Prey show, Was it the Raptor Project?
    They were her at a local Nature center and I did shoot quite a bit with my flash which didn't seem to bother the birds.
    Here are a few of the shots I took during the show:
    1.Crested Caracal, AKA "Mexican Eagle"
    2. Gyrfalcon Used in Falconry
    3.Red-Tailed Hawk (?) not sure of this identification, notes I took a bit jumbled.
    4. Bald Eagle "uncle Sam" posted in another thread as a Memorial Day tribute.
    5. Barred Owl, largest of the owls also known as the "Eagle Owl" He flew this big bird in this small venue, you could hardly feel any air movement! Astounding that such a big bird could be so quiet.
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    Falconest174
    Seeing the picture starts the process
    D7100, Sigma 150 f/2.8 Macro, Tamron 70-300 Macro, Sigma 17-70 F2.8 Macro,
    Tamron 70-300 Di VC USD 60Th Anniv. ,SB700, Vivitar 383, Manfrotto t-pod, monopod
    Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/rmProvost

Thanks. The heron did struggle a bit, even dropped the snake twice.

Falconest, the show was a short program with birds from Georgia Southern which has a small wildlife rehab program. They brought a mix of birds; harris hawk, screech owl, peregrine falcon, red shouldered hawk and a large eurasian owl. The falcon belonged to the guy who runs the program. It is one of his hunting birds he has owned it for 20 years. I will have to see if I got any decent shots as i have not looked at them in detail yet. The heron got my attention. I also caught an osprey fishing, but he was a good ways off and all the shots when he caught a fish were out of focus.

Headed up to the north Georgia hills to go camping and the first photo op was while stopping at a store for last minute supplies. I think these swallows are a little big to still be hanging at home. But if you feed them those teenagers will never leave.

When the temp hits 104 everyone likes a little sprinkler action. Just don't rat me out to the water police.

Nice gesture, they seem to enjoy it

A white grumpy one ...

Name:  Scot_120612_1209__DSC1222.jpg
Views: 74
Size:  189.7 KB
    Gabriel
    ========================================
    Nikon D600/Olympus OMD EM-5
    Nikon 16-35/4 VR; Nikkor 105/2.8 VR Micro;Nikon 70-200/4 VR II;
    Nikkor AF-S 300/4;Nikkor AF-S 70-300G IF ED VRII;Panasonic 20/1.7; Olympus 60/2.8 Macro

Nissin Di866; Velbon tripod, Giottos monopod&ballhead
    Personal Blog: http://gabrielcphotos.blogspot.com/
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/gabrielcat/

I thought my local bluebirds were gone for the season, but they just seem to have taken a break to raise a second set of young. I'm a sucker for the begging youngster shot. They would not stay still enough to get a crisp shot in the shade. In fact the parent and child were from two successive frames where only one was reasonably still in each. Glad the monopod and I didn't move much.

That's pretty good. The one on the right makes the shot. Of course it then needs the one on the left to balance it.

"I See You!"

Here is a shot of one of the Egrets that have been fishing here after a 1 year absence.
    Falconest174
    Seeing the picture starts the process
    D7100, Sigma 150 f/2.8 Macro, Tamron 70-300 Macro, Sigma 17-70 F2.8 Macro,
    Tamron 70-300 Di VC USD 60Th Anniv. ,SB700, Vivitar 383, Manfrotto t-pod, monopod
    Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/rmProvost

Falconest,

Funny I was out stalking water fowl today as well. Actually may main goal was another day in the kayak with the camera to get adjusted to using some of my gear in preparation for a trip to Alaska with several days in kayaks. I just got a dry bag specifically for the E-5 and the 70-300 zoom. I found it easy enough to manage getting the camera in and out of the bag in flat water. I did learn that not all plastic items are positively buoyant; my lens hood is now at the bottom of the Chattahoochee River Might have to find a temporary substitute for my trip. Still easier to handle than the camera inside the EWA-Marine underwater bag, but riskier.

Still I did manage to bag a decent shot of a king fisher that let me drift towards his perch just before he flew off. Drifting in also got me within about 75 feet of an egret and 30 feet of the great blue heron.