Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

panoramic 750-cz

Hello,
    I use Olympus 750 CZ camera and i have an issue while choosing Panoramic option, as that option looks dummied out and doesnt get activated even after changing the settings.
    I have also read in this forum that you need to have Olympus XD memory card which I am using ..the memory card is og 128MB.

can you pls help?

rgd
    cha

Card

Hi

I have also had this problem but w/ the c765. The card does not have to be printed with "olympus", it needs to me made/manufactured by olympus. A scandisc card doesn't matter if it says olympus or fuji (as I have sorely discovered). Only a card manufactured by olympus will give you the panorama function.

If I'm wrong on this - please let me know because I have a problem w/ a card too.

Quote Originally Posted by chanakya
    Hello,
    I use Olympus 750 CZ camera and i have an issue while choosing Panoramic option, as that option looks dummied out and doesnt get activated even after changing the settings.
    I have also read in this forum that you need to have Olympus XD memory card which I am using ..the memory card is og 128MB.

can you pls help?

rgd
    cha
    You do need an Olympus card for this to work - don't ask me why! it seems daft to me.
    Geoff Chandler. UK/England/Surrey
    NIKON D90 / D80. Nikon 16 - 85 VR, Tamron 28-200,
    Sigma 70-300APO, Tokina 100 AT-X Pro D.
    SB600 flash. Panasonic DMC-TZ25

http://geof777.multiply.com

Geoff,
    I am not asking why do we need a OLYMPUS card ..I would like to know why is that option dummied out? If you can guide me how to activate it it will be of a great help

rgds
    cha

Ok, Good question - I've never bothered to try it on my C-740 - and it's greyed out on that as well - I suggest a trawl through the manual on the CD..
    Unless someone else reading this knows the answer???
    Hold on - stop the press - try putting the camera in 'P' mode and see if it becomes available - it did on mine - I never use 'P' normally - only ASM
    Good luck
    Geoff
    Last edited by Geoff Chandler; 04-26-2005 at 02:58 PM.
    Geoff Chandler. UK/England/Surrey
    NIKON D90 / D80. Nikon 16 - 85 VR, Tamron 28-200,
    Sigma 70-300APO, Tokina 100 AT-X Pro D.
    SB600 flash. Panasonic DMC-TZ25

http://geof777.multiply.com

hey--you don't have to use the olympus software!

just shoot a panorama in whatever mode yu want (forget alla bout the panorma mode--its useless) and sticth it togetehr using some professional software.

i'd recommend ptgui for the first one month (that's when it's free)