Replacing Nikon Coolpix 880 with ??????
* What budget have you allocated for buying this camera? Please be as specific as possible.
$350 - $400
* What size camera are you looking for? Or does size not matter at all to you?
does not matter
How many megapixels will suffice for you?
At least 4mp
* What optical zoom will you need? (None, Standard = 3x-4x, Ultrazoom = 10x-12x)
* How important is “image quality” to you? (Rate using a scale of 1-10)
Do you care for manual controls?
Point and shoot is a must for one of the persons using the camera but manual controls (more the merrier) is a must for the other person using the camera
* What will you generally use the camera for?
close ups/macro important, indoor is a must and outdoor important also
* Will you be making big prints of your photos or not?
8x10 would be the largest
Will you be shooting a lot of indoor photos or low light photos?
Will you be shooting sports and/or action photos?
Are there particular brands you like or hate?
Are there particular models you already have in mind?
Already own Nikon Coolpix 880 which takes really abysmal indoor photo's and has a long lag....would like to improve on this but we are not adverse to getting another Nikon as long as our issues with this one have been addressed
(If applicable) Do you need any of the following special features? (Wide Angle, Image Stabilization, Weatherproof, Hotshoe, Rotating LCD)
Would be really nice to have a hotshoe and red eye reducer
Is there a Fry's Electronics nearby?
I would recommend getting an Olympus C-5060 Wide Zoom which Fry's is clearing out for $299 (normally $499). It fits everything you want well, and it's an excellent camera.