Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Thread: fz20 or a200???

fz20 or a200???

I Will Shortly Buy A Camera And Have Narrowed Down To The Panasonic Fz20 And Konica A200.i Will Be Mainly Taking Portraits/glamour With Natural Light And Flash.there Is Not Much To Choose Re Prices But I Would Welcome Input Re What Would Be My Best Buy For Ease Of Use,sharp Photos Especially Low Light And Reliability........thank You

Um... do you have to talk with caps at the begining of every word? I have the fz-15 (which is just like the fz-20 but one mega-pixel less) and I love it. I'd say the fz-20.

You definately need to play with both in a shop - but despite owning the A-200 I would lean towards the FZ20 as it has a much larger zoom range, - unless you need the wide angle more. It depends what you want out of it. The A-200 has more tweakability for saturation and contrast etc I have been able to fine tune mine to respond how I want it to. The Panasonic also has a focus assist lamp which has got to help in low light situations - but I have no problems with mine in low light - check out my Night Vegas shots on my photo link. At the end of the day it's your decision. I would think the Panasonic is also more robust - I don't know I've not tried it. I personally prefer the image quality on the A-200 - but you will need to look for yourself - try comparing images on some of the review sites. Good luck.
    Geoff Chandler. UK/England/Surrey
    NIKON D90 / D80. Nikon 16 - 85 VR, Tamron 28-200,
    Sigma 70-300APO, Tokina 100 AT-X Pro D.
    SB600 flash. Panasonic DMC-TZ25

http://geof777.multiply.com