Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Case for FZ5

Brutie Guest

Question Case for FZ5

I am patiently waiting for my FZ5 to be delivered, ordered from DigitalFoto. What have people found to be the most useful case for this camera? I don't care about status symbols, I just want practicality. Thanks in advance.

I bought my camera from Amazon and the bag that looked like it would fit best was the Canon Custom Gadget Bag 100EG. Amazon advertises it as the Deluxe Gadget bag but they deliver the one in the photo that is the Custom version.

I bought the FZ5 without seeing it, just from what I had read about it online, so when it arrived I was surprised by how lightweight and small it really is.

The bag is bigger than it needs, but for me it will work well. I am a journalist and my plan is to use it as my single bag and fit in it my cell phone, notepads and wallet together with the camera and its charger, battery replacement and connection cable (to my laptop). All these fit nicely.

What I like about the bag is that it is lightweight and is easy on the shoulder.

As a second thought, sometime in the future on my travels will probably pick up a smaller case, such that only protects the camera and an extra battery. The camera is small enough to carry in a normal woman's handbag so then I would have that option.

I bought a digital SLR camera bag made by Lowepro from Bestbuy, which fits it nicely.

Thumbs up I found a good case for my FZ-5

I bought a SAMSONITE case.....model "Nikosia DFV 40"
    It fits perfectly....

original Panasonic Bag

Here

ciao

Alessandro
    Last edited by robbynaish; 04-27-2005 at 11:49 AM.

Wish I could find one that is a simple clip "holster" instead of a full-on camera bag. It would be convenient to wear it on your belt instead of lugging a bad around.

Case for FZ5

While I was waiting for my FZ5 to arrive,I found a case at Wolf Camera by accident playing with their stock. Although not made for the FZ5,this case works perfectly. The camera slides in sideways and fits snug as a bug. It has a lid closure that snaps closed and and a front zipper compartment for extra memory cards and batteries. It's made by a company called Quantaray and is 19.95 for the medium size. Its smaller than a camera bag but bigger than the small zip pouches,it's size is right in the midlle.You can carry it on your belt altho it is a little big or it comes with a shoulder strap. Wolf camera is also affiliated with Ritz camera so look on their web site. To me I think it's perfect for this size camera...........Joe D.

Thanks Joe. I will look for it at Ritz on my next trip to the mall.

I picked up a Lowepro Z30 at Henry's - which is just large enough to hold the camera sideways, a spare battery and a couple of memory cards. It has both a shoulder strap and a belt-loop. While it may not allow me to carry the camera with the lenshood attached - it's small enough for quick trips or to fit in a laptop bag. This was on sales for about $6.99 Cdn. Too cheap to turn down.