Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising
 
 
 
   
Page 62 of 201 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472112162 ... LastLast
Results 611 to 620 of 2001
  1. #611
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Japan
    Posts
    1,068
    Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Chandler
    You know, I cannot compete as it were with some of these fantastic shots - I have no close up macro lens and with my P&S cameras cannot put extension tubes in - it's almost tempting to get out the old OM2 with all the bits and have a go - then scan it, but No, No - I have decided to move on.
    So - here's my friendly little garden spider - and he's pretty small, up close from the underside today.
    A-200 about as close as I could get - then cropped a bit more...
    Nice shot, Geoff; I really like the way the mottled colored background shows up. Have any idea as to the spider's ID? It looks kind of unusual. BTW, doesn't the C740 have a super-macro mode? I used to get some great macro shots with my 755.
    "...and only the stump, or fishy part of him remained."
    Green Gables: A Contemplative Companion to Fujino Township

  2. #612
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Japan
    Posts
    1,068

    Still there. . .

    I went back outside and she was still there, so I changed to the ED 50-200mm and got some more shots; man, I really love that lens!



    e-300 + ED 50-200mm (200mm, 160s @ f8) + fl-50 + Lightsphere II + flashlight, ISO 100

    This was originally a portrait format that I cropped square.
    "...and only the stump, or fishy part of him remained."
    Green Gables: A Contemplative Companion to Fujino Township

  3. #613
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Surrey, England
    Posts
    3,210
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm in Fujino
    Nice shot, Geoff; I really like the way the mottled colored background shows up. Have any idea as to the spider's ID? It looks kind of unusual. BTW, doesn't the C740 have a super-macro mode? I used to get some great macro shots with my 755.
    You are right about the C-740, but macro and Super macro are at 38mm (equiv) so even though it's 3cm it's not much closer looking than the A-200 at 25cm and 200mm (no doubt someone will have the maths) possibly slightly closer with the C-740, but at 3mp - now if I crop my 8mp A-200 down to 3mp I think the image is actually slightly larger (again - I may be wrong and don't have the maths to prove it). either way there's not a lot in it - but I admit sometimes it's easier with the C-740. - The Spider I took is smaller than my small finger nail in body - with the legs it's still smaller than my thumb nail - so I am reasonably happy with the results without any extra close up lens.
    Geoff
    Last edited by Geoff Chandler; 10-06-2005 at 09:42 AM.
    Geoff Chandler. UK/England/Surrey
    NIKON D90 / D80. Nikon 16 - 85 VR, Tamron 28-200,
    Sigma 70-300APO, Tokina 100 AT-X Pro D.
    SB600 flash. Panasonic DMC-TZ25

    http://geof777.multiply.com

  4. #614
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Surrey, England
    Posts
    3,210
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm in Fujino
    I went back outside and she was still there, so I changed to the ED 50-200mm and got some more shots; man, I really love that lens!

    e-300 + ED 50-200mm (200mm, 160s @ f8) + fl-50 + Lightsphere II + flashlight, ISO 100

    This was originally a portrait format that I cropped square.
    Fabulous shot - like the dark backround effect.
    Geoff Chandler. UK/England/Surrey
    NIKON D90 / D80. Nikon 16 - 85 VR, Tamron 28-200,
    Sigma 70-300APO, Tokina 100 AT-X Pro D.
    SB600 flash. Panasonic DMC-TZ25

    http://geof777.multiply.com

  5. #615
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    251
    Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Chandler
    You know, I cannot compete as it were with some of these fantastic shots - I have no close up macro lens and with my P&S cameras cannot put extension tubes in - it's almost tempting to get out the old OM2 with all the bits and have a go - then scan it, but No, No - I have decided to move on.
    So - here's my friendly little garden spider - and he's pretty small, up close from the underside today.
    A-200 about as close as I could get - then cropped a bit more...
    wow geoff, for a p&s, you coulda fooled me. great shot.
    Canon Digital Rebel 350D (XT)
    Canon 100-400mm F4.5 L, 85mm 1.8 18-55mm,

    You create your reality.

  6. #616
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    310
    caught this little guy out in the grass today.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  7. #617
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    310
    here is another.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  8. #618
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    251
    Norm: that mantis is awesome! Erad: i like dragonfly pics, the second one is great! Anyone know what these are?
    Canon Digital Rebel 350D (XT)
    Canon 100-400mm F4.5 L, 85mm 1.8 18-55mm,

    You create your reality.

  9. #619
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Kharkiv, Ukraine
    Posts
    1,201
    Kharkiv. Ukraine. Olympus C-765UZ. Apr, 17 2005
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    The main lining in a computer - between the monitor and a chair
    My photo gallery in Flickr

  10. #620
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Japan
    Posts
    1,068
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyger
    Norm: that mantis is awesome! Erad: i like dragonfly pics, the second one is great! Anyone know what these are?

    Thanks Tyger. The second one looks like something Baldeagle should be able to ID
    "...and only the stump, or fishy part of him remained."
    Green Gables: A Contemplative Companion to Fujino Township

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •