Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 42 of 201 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292142 ... LastLast
    Caterpillar head shot. hope you like.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

There really are some amazing shots in this gallery, it is one of my favourites.

Heres a little chap I found on our apple tree earlier today. He has hung around all day while I try to get a half decent shot of him, he is very patient!

Hope you like.

Val

Canon EOS 20D
    Canon F2.8 100mm Macro, Canon F4 100-400 IS, Sigma 50-500mm, Sigma 70-300mm, Canon 18-55mm, Canon F2.8 50mm
    Canon S2 IS

My Photo Album

Val, excellent shot, very colorful and sharp. Here is one I found today, but, I dont know what it is.

A small wasp on Cactus, hope you like.

More cicadas!

I could barely see these things, needless to say I had to take a lot of shots to get a few good ones -- very hard for the camera to autofocus on something that is so dark. Shutter 1/200, F 8.0, ISO 400. I used auto levels in PS and a bit of a crop.

Built in camera flash;
    Fresh from the earth (notice the dirt on them and lack of wings)

Very primative, wife holding flashlight.
    Here are some with new wings.

"The real world begins right outside our doors --the world of nature, with remarkable beauty and diversity for all of us to discover." Kenn Kaufman

SamPhilly, excellent Cicada shots. Here is another eyeball shot, hope you like.

A Different kind of Leaf-Hopper

hope you like, found him tonite.

Bald Eagle I like. What were your settings for that leaf hopper? Any adjustments? Colors look great.
    "The real world begins right outside our doors --the world of nature, with remarkable beauty and diversity for all of us to discover." Kenn Kaufman

Quote Originally Posted by SamPhilly
    Bald Eagle I like. What were your settings for that leaf hopper? Any adjustments? Colors look great.
    Thanks for the reply and the kind words. Here goes. For this one I'm using a tripod and my remote cable release, with an off-camera flash linked by a cable, my 28-80 Sigma macro lens with 68mm of extension tubes, on Manual setting, ISO of 100, aperture of 125, and F-stop of F11. Wow, its easier to use the equipment than to write about it. just a touch of sharpening, the color is all his.

Quote Originally Posted by Bald Eagle
    Thanks for the reply and the kind words. Here goes. For this one I'm using a tripod and my remote cable release, with an off-camera flash linked by a cable, my 28-80 Sigma macro lens with 68mm of extension tubes, on Manual setting, ISO of 100, aperture of 125, and F-stop of F11. Wow, its easier to use the equipment than to write about it. just a touch of sharpening, the color is all his.
    Wow is right, what a setup.