Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 14 of 201 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464114 ... LastLast

well...

i'm new here, and my good friend Bald Eagle told me about this site...

here's my first post...just happened to be one of the most recent macros i took.

i have over 5000 images that i have taken on my HD. as soon as i have the time to edit and post them, i will. i look forward to becoming an active member in this community.
    Last edited by phistio; 06-05-2005 at 11:22 AM.

Welcome!

Welcome and great (very)close-up !

Fantastic first showing. I knew you had great photos. thanks for being here. Folks, I got to tell ya, when I first looked into a DSLR, My Good friend Phisteo, pointed me in the right direction. thanks to him, I've rediscovered photography and my wife has joined me as well. So, Kudos to you Phisteo, looking forward to many more fantastic photos.

thanks bud! and thanks for introducing me here. there is some really phenomenal work here! i commend all of you!!!

Wow..... inspiring! what a first post. What camera etc do you have and any tips on technique would be very welcome. Looking forward to future postings.

thanks for the kind words!

most all of these shots have been taken with a fuji finepix s602 zoom. the macro features are incredible, and most images barely need to be manipulated in photoshop. there are a few i'll pop in here that i've taken with my trusty 'ole nikon 4004 that i gave away some time ago.

i bought the fuji...(carry the one...plus two...) like May of '03. it was my second digital ever purchased. needless to say, once i went digital, i never went back to traditional.

as far as tips...well, i suppose the more you play with the manual settings of your camera and the more familiar you become with the features; the better you images start coming out.

that's the number one thing i love about DP...you can instantly see your work, and progress from there. if the f stop was wrong...guess what, one or two clicks of the dial, and you've got it.

the only other tip would be to use a tri-pod when ever you can....especially for macros.

Great shots Phistio ! I'd like particularly the frog.
    The level is more and more higher here

All resized to 30%

another pic only resized. Not the most sharp i've taken but i like the colors.

Another bee

I've found a tree with a lot bees, so you aven't finished to see.