Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 7 of 201 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ali_baba
    Hiya Sigbhu,

First of all, your snaps are very impressive Keep posting
    I thought to use the flash but again...the subject was behind the glass and it was possible to have flash reflection from glass. I couldn't keep my lense directly on the glass as well as there was an obsticle between me and the glass.

This photo can tell you what I mean
    A polarizer can help on the reflections you have showing in that shot. Although, a polarizer will not help with flash reflection. It is still a great shot.

Sony v3 + raynox cm-3500 (6x lens), a little cropped, 1/250s, f/6.3

correct me is i'm wrong, but isn't the sony v3 a non-interchangable lens p&S? how do you use the lenses you mention with it?
    great photo, by the way!

Yes Sigbhu, the sony V3 is a classic digital camera without interchangable lenses. But the raynox microexplorer lenses kit - CM-3500 - is provided with an universal adapter. The only constraint is that the camera must have a lens filter diameter > 52 mm. So on the Sony V3 i must have to bought a Sony VAD-VHA adapter before mounted the Raynox adapter.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Sigbhu
    here's one of a MASSIVE praying mantis that i caught in my bag when i saw it in a corridor (i was saving it's life) i took it home to my garden, relesed it, and photograhed it. the *^&^ thing repayed my kindness my promplty biting my on the finger. it's spikes were so huge they actually drew blood. while i phtographed it, it kept trying to destroy my lens and kept COMING close, rather than running away like most things ten centimetres long!
    Hi,
    this picture made me gigle! its great, looks like its posing for the camera
    Rachel Chandler
    Wallington, England
    KM A-200, Oly c-740UZ (Borrowed)

Only resized, f/7.1, 1/250s, macro, zoom4x + raynox xm-3500 x12

Fantastic Macros with that lens kit. Very impressive.

2 another from the same serie

close-up lens +6

close-up lens +12

impressive! is this raynox xm-3500 compatible with all systems? even with DSLRs? i would imagine it's a lot cheaper than macro lenses. (for Slrs) how much does it limit apertures and all that? does that "12x" mean 12 times???? what's the closest focussing distance?

by the way, do you use flash?

Quote Originally Posted by Sigbhu
    impressive! is this raynox xm-3500 compatible with all systems? even with DSLRs? i would imagine it's a lot cheaper than macro lenses. (for Slrs) how much does it limit apertures and all that? does that "12x" mean 12 times???? what's the closest focussing distance?

by the way, do you use flash?
    Thank you Sigbhu. I don't know if the Raynox cm-3500 kit works with all camera. I think yes but Raynox don't engage them of this point. You must have at least a zoom 3x to avoid vignetting but 4x will be better. You could use all aperture at your convenience but a low aperture give lest chromatic aberation. 12 x means 12 times or more precisely 12 diopter.
    Focussing distances reduce when the magifying power increases. With the 6x lens the focussing may be around 200mm, 100 mm with the 12x and 50mm with the 24 x (too hard to use). But that depends a lot of the camera.
    And another system that seems to give good results: the raynox DCR-250 close-up lens (http://www.raynox.co.jp/english/dcr/...exdcr250eg.htm ). I've seen good results with some coolpix and the FZ20.
    More informations on the the CM-3500 kit could be found at this link:
    http://www.raynox.co.jp/english/35mmacc/egcm2000.htm
    I've found the raynox cm-3500 kit + the sony adpapter for 140 (around 100$). For comparison the Sony closeup lens is sold 100 (around 75 $) with the 58mm lens adapter.
    I'll post soon some shots taken with the build-in flash. It works very well in this configuration but limit the aperture to f/4 (or more open).

Jeff
    Last edited by jeff31; 05-16-2005 at 05:57 AM.