Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thumbs up

a very helpful article!!!
    !!!Be What U R!!!
    Canon Powershot A540,Samsung X700(Camera Phone),Sony Mavica FD-73(0.3MP),Yashica-44(TLR)(very old)

unknown_zero Guest

Thumbs up good digital camera site

hi.. if you want more resources, tips and trick of digital photography
    just follow this link
    http://digital-camera.awardspace.com

Hey guys. Thanks for posting this, is really helpful!!..

But im looking tips for nightshot's on the beach. Here's the summer, and im going to the beach in 2 weeks, and im pretty sure theres going to be a bonfire.. so.., it will help me alot some tips..

Bonfire! I took some pics by a bonfire once. My best suggestion: take pics of the actual bonfire on a tripod, try different settings for effect. Don't try to take pictures of people by the firelight. The light is just too low. You'll need a flash to take pictures of them without motion blur (unless you like the motion-blur effect. In that case, just use your tripod so you don't get camera shake.) And nightshots on the beach? If I were you, I'd try some long exposures of the crashing waves lit by the moon
    Nikon D50, Nikkor 18-55mm, Nikkor 50mm 1.8, Sigma 70-300mm APO DG Macro, Tokina 12-24
    Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by toriaj View Post
    Bonfire! I took some pics by a bonfire once. My best suggestion: take pics of the actual bonfire on a tripod, try different settings for effect. Don't try to take pictures of people by the firelight. The light is just too low. You'll need a flash to take pictures of them without motion blur (unless you like the motion-blur effect. In that case, just use your tripod so you don't get camera shake.) And nightshots on the beach? If I were you, I'd try some long exposures of the crashing waves lit by the moon
    Thank you so much. I really apreciated ..

ptp Guest

usb port not recognized

Hi, This is my first time on a forum. I am having trouble with my usb port not being recognized. I have downloaded the Canon software. Is there something I'm missing.

i took a great bonfire pic 20 years ago.in the film days..it was perfect except for one person that just had to move...grrrrrrrrrrrrr

demmerich1 Guest

Concert Pictures

Hi. I am new to the forum and definitely a novice. I see that there was a post on this thread in 2005 about using DSLRs for concert pictures. There are many new cameras on the market now. I started out using a Panasonic Lumix LZ2 then moved to the Pansonic Lumix TZ1. I am now looking at the FZ18 because I am ready to try my hand at some manual controls. I've captured some excellent shots (in MY opinion) but it's not very consistent. I "trash" MANY of them due to the inconsistency.

Does anyone have an opinion on what the best camera or technique is for taking concert pictures?

Quote Originally Posted by demmerich1 View Post
    Hi. I am new to the forum and definitely a novice. I see that there was a post on this thread in 2005 about using DSLRs for concert pictures. There are many new cameras on the market now. I started out using a Panasonic Lumix LZ2 then moved to the Pansonic Lumix TZ1. I am now looking at the FZ18 because I am ready to try my hand at some manual controls. I've captured some excellent shots (in MY opinion) but it's not very consistent. I "trash" MANY of them due to the inconsistency.

Does anyone have an opinion on what the best camera or technique is for taking concert pictures?
    Hey...I know you...I'm on the DL forum too! (dlfan)

I'm no expert, but I think many will say Fuji is the best for low lighting situations. That's why I sprung for the s6000fd. I'm looking forward to using it for shows--as soon as I figure it out.

rohit_manohar Guest

Pretty neat resources for camera hobbyists

Hey everyone, I just found the perfect page for you guys to understand the basics and even advanced tips on photography. Its all on

http://www.zibtips.com/phototips.aspx

Its got stuff like web seminars and tips and what not. Plus, check out the page on "how to photograph children". I found that really cute. Im not much into the hardware specs of a camera but i found the page really easy to follow.

Have fun,
    rohit