Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 3 of 43 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    SOD, wow do you have a picture of your set up? I'd very curious.

Quote Originally Posted by gary_hendricks
    SOD, wow do you have a picture of your set up? I'd very curious.
    Gary, I do not have picture of my setup, but I could tell you what I do. I have a telescope Nextar 80GTL. I could take a lens off my Canon 6.3 mega pixels camera and attach it using t-ring to my telescope. My telescope now becomes a telephoto lens for my camera, which gives I believe 11 x magnifications. I do not use any eye piece, which means I'm doing prime focus. I’m not sure I could recommend this setup because my camera gets lots of dust after each session. By the way, here’s the picture of the sun with the same setup, but of course with the solar filter.
    Thank you.
    Mila.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

1/800s, f/4, Shutter priority, 4x optical zoom

Here's one I did last night, with a friend's Canon G5 ... no postprocessing other than crop. Best I could do with 4x zoom

new moon shot

Pretty happy with this shot taken tonight.

very nice photo, the trees in the foreground really help make the picture.

Quote Originally Posted by SOD
    By the way, here’s the picture of the sun with the same setup, but of course with the solar filter.
    Thank you.
    Mila.
    Wow!! Now this is interesting. I have never seen anything other than bright and blown out versions. Please do more of this! BTW the color looks odd. Is it the color of the solar filter?

Good job guys and I finally had some success tonight. 125mm X 1.6 = 200mm|TV 800|f-5.6|ISO 100:

Last edited by Bluedog; 04-21-2005 at 08:14 PM.

Canon EOS 30D | Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 | Canon 17-40mm f/4L | Canon 24-105mm f/4L IS| Canon 70-200mm f/4L | Canon Speedlite 430EX + Sto-Fen Omni Bounce | Manfrotto 3001BD & 680B/486RC2 | Hoya Super HMC Pro1 Digital Filters | Hitech ND & GND Filters | Bags > Kata R-103 + Lowepro Nova 5 AW

RawShooter | premium 2006 > My PBase Gallery

sun pictures

Quote Originally Posted by DiJ
    Wow!! Now this is interesting. I have never seen anything other than bright and blown out versions. Please do more of this! BTW the color looks odd. Is it the color of the solar filter?
    The color of the sun disk is dictated by the exposure time. If you overexpose the picture the sun would be absolutely white and no sunspots would be seen. I processed the picture in Photoshop, but I only changed the brightness and contrast. This sunspot was huge. It was bigger than Jupiter.
    If you are interested in photographing the sun I could recommend looking into H-Alpha filters. They are very expensive, but you could see not only sunspots, but also prominences and it is really a sight to behold. H-Alpha filter could cost few thousands dollars. I bought recently so called PST (personal solar telescope). It costs 500 dollars. You still could see prominences, but sun surface details are much worse than with H-Alpha filters. I cannot attach my camera to PST, yet I want to take pictures of prominences. I take my camera and try to hold it still next to the eyepiece. This method of astrophotography is called “afocal.” My results are not so great. Prominences in real life are 80% better. Besides they are moving. Anyway here’s one of my latest attempts. Prominences sometimes create arches at the sun edges. Here’s one, which looks like letter “M”. My name is Mila. Did the sun wanted to give me a present?
    Please, note that surface details are not seen at this picture. One cannot get the surface details and prominences in the same shot because they require different exposure. Most photographers combine their many shots in one, but I am too lazy to do it.
    Last edited by SOD; 04-22-2005 at 09:44 AM.

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by snaz
    Pretty happy with this shot taken tonight.

I like that one - the tree is nice too - can't tell if it was fill in or not probably not as the lighting isn't flat like flash - but I like tree photos too
    Maybe we should start a seperate tree thread, there's so many different ones and they can be quite interesting.
    Geoff Chandler. UK/England/Surrey
    NIKON D90 / D80. Nikon 16 - 85 VR, Tamron 28-200,
    Sigma 70-300APO, Tokina 100 AT-X Pro D.
    SB600 flash. Panasonic DMC-TZ25

http://geof777.multiply.com