Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 73 of 401 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583123173 ... LastLast
    don't know what these buds would be like when they bloom...
    they make an interesting subject tho...
    panasonic lumix fz-20
    nikon d200 + nikkor 28-70 f/2.8 "beast" + sigma 18-200 f/3.5-6/3 + nikkor 50 f/1.8

Quote Originally Posted by wall
    Impressive, TarmoV. You should check out the "small world" thread: http://www.dcresource.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7296
    Thank You. And thanks for the link also, great insects! I know my first photo was a borderline case, but I figured most of it was the flower

I am into pure flowers, too.
    My next pic is from the summer cottage of my parents. By the way, many of you here have lovely gardens with lots of beautiful flowers.

Canon A70, telephoto macro, Av priority, F-number and aperture values show f/8, max.aperture shows f/4.8 so that should be the right number (?), 1/500s, sunny, no exposure compensation, ISO50. This photo is not sharpened, just resized 50%.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Some more beginner trials...

This was so difficult to take ... the flower (orchid) is around 2 inches in diameter and loves blowing around in the wind. Got this after way too many blurry attempts ... though not as sharp as I'd like it to be ... considering the wind .. I'll live with it lol. And I'm ignoring the blue fringing on the outside edge of the petals ... heard of purple .. but blue? Oh and of course I cropped the image

Our garden is filled with mainly these flowers in different colors and varieties so I'm kinda stuck with taking more pictures of them lol. Thinking of raiding someone else's garden for a change now.

Last edited by rinume; 07-01-2005 at 07:27 AM.

I saw this flower hanging from a vine at Iguazu Park in Argentina. I have no idea what it is. Taken with a Canon G5 in macro mode.

Passiflora?

Quote Originally Posted by glennaa
    I saw this flower hanging from a vine at Iguazu Park in Argentina. I have no idea what it is. Taken with a Canon G5 in macro mode.

Hi Glennaa,
    I wouldn't be at all surprised if it was a variety of passion flower. Nice shot!

Scatamousche

Great shots everyone. I would go along with the flower being a Passiflora species.

Here is are some hawkweed flowers [Hieracium aurantiacum] - a touch over saturated but a magnificant orange colour none the less.

regards
    Wombat
    Attached Images Attached Images  

This picture was taken in May when I was visiting a friend in San Francisco. It was right outside her house. I was totally amazed to see this flower ... hey I've never seen this particular combination in one before - pink 'n purple not to mention I love that particular color combo Anyone know what flower this is?

It was taken with my old camera Olympus 460Z .. oh well no super macro mode there and no 12 X zoom either. But I quickly snapped the shot before the sprinklers hit me .. they were on auto lol... managed to run off in time.

Wombat: Definitely a very pretty orange color
    Glenna: What a pretty find!! Now that's the kind of flowers I'd like to take pictures off ... too bad we don't have 'em here.
    Tarmov: Ok that's a pink to die for ;-) never could resist that color .. very pretty. And the Grasshopper on the flower pic is absolutely WOW!!!

I used to have all variety of life floating around my garden lol. From chameleons to nightingales and humming birds. The moment I get a camera they all decide to disappear.

Meilanna: If those are the buds I'd definitely like to see the flower
    Bald Eagle: Love your pics. Lovely Rose!
    Blue Dog: Very Pretty Lantana Blooms ... I'm definitely getting to know about a lot of flowers here

Passiflora

So that's what it is. Not only is this thread filled with many beautiful pictures of flowers, but I get to learn something while checking out the photos!

I love guessing games!

Hi Rinume,

That flower shot you took in San Francisco reminds me of our fuchsia flower. The colors are a little lighter but the configuration is pretty unique.

Scatamousche