a small flower

no bright flashy colors, just a neat flower, hope you like
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Trumpets?

some thing different.

Many Thanks for Your Contributions!

Hello Everyone-

Well it has been a busy day on this thread, thanks to Wombat, geoff, gstafleu and baldeagle. Thanks for some great flower photos.

It is through contributions like yours that this thread has become on of the busiest on the webwsite.

Sarah Joyce

Aloe Vera Plant

Here is an unusual one. As far as I can determine, this is an Aloe Vera Plant It was taken with the Fuji F-10. F 2.8 at 1/147th

Sarah Joyce

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Chandler
    I notice that RED - red is the one that seems to saturate the worst for most of us here - there was a fabulaous rose bud earlier that was just perfect (not mine!!).
    So here I go again! Firstly to put my little Rose into perspective - I think they call this a Patio Rose as it is a small breed.
    Fascinating set of shots Geoff. It has made me go and look through my limited supply red flower shots. Certainly for my Canon A80 the problem of saturation appears to be related more to the orange-reds rather than than the bluish reds. Hmmm! thought I might get away without using names of colours as they are a bit subjective, however vermillion [an orange red] seems to be a greater problem than crimson [a blood colour] if you see what I mean. A good shot of red poppies has evaded me so far. I read recently that flowers have a wide variety of textures from matt to shiny and wonder if the "difficult flowers" are those with shinier petals.

Here is an orange-red nasturtium, very saturated but I am sure it was just as orange-red as this. I am sure the human eye/brain adjusts to colours in a way a camera cannot.

regards
    Wombat

Just for comparison here is the same nasturtium shot with the saturation adjusted on Picassa so the top tonality is within 95% on the histogram. Still bright with more detail but not as it really looked. Suppose I should have added the shot was taken in full mid-day sun.

Wombat

Well, as a beginner with very little time to learn the camera, here's a contribution from me -the flower is dark red/brown-ish from the start, and I made the colours warmer by using the, that's right, "warm" colour effect on the camera. To tell the truth, the difference from the "natural" look of the flower (the way it looked to me) isn't big! I'm using a Panasonic FZ5.

Nice job on the colors, amj07. In the right hands, the FZ5 can be a deadly macro tool . Here's yet another flower macro I took in my backyard, with the FZ5:

F/2.8; 1/50; ISO 80; Normal color settings

The color in the photo looks flatter than the real thing; I guess I should've boost the saturation a bit to give it a bit more punch.

Oh, BTW, I like your "trumpets" shot, Bald Eagle. Very unique viewpoint.
    Last edited by wall; 06-23-2005 at 02:05 PM.

amj07, great color and close-up, very sharp. Wall, that shot has plenty of punch, its awesome. thanks for the kind words.

whew....took me a while to get to the last page... great shots indeed!
    just wanted to contribute this one taken with a sony dsc-p10
    panasonic lumix fz-20
    nikon d200 + nikkor 28-70 f/2.8 "beast" + sigma 18-200 f/3.5-6/3 + nikkor 50 f/1.8