Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 336 of 401 FirstFirst ... 236286326334335336337338346386 ... LastLast
Results 3,351 to 3,360 of 4005
    OK: it's all about composition and feeling: check. Just like always, and who knows if I am good at it.

No direct sunlight: ummmm.... check. I'll try to override my personal preference for direct lighting. Of course, the pollution is pretty bad here, so maybe that counts even when it's "sunny" .

Check background: check. I'll watch for it.

Eddie, are most of your shots, such as the last, natural light?

Quote Originally Posted by raven15 View Post
    OK: it's all about composition and feeling: check. Just like always, and who knows if I am good at it.

No direct sunlight: ummmm.... check. I'll try to override my personal preference for direct lighting. Of course, the pollution is pretty bad here, so maybe that counts even when it's "sunny" .

Check background: check. I'll watch for it.

Eddie, are most of your shots, such as the last, natural light?
    Rules are there to be broken from time to time - I just advise avoiding direct sunlight - otherwise it is very hard work to produce the image you are hoping for...
    Geoff Chandler. UK/England/Surrey
    NIKON D90 / D80. Nikon 16 - 85 VR, Tamron 28-200,
    Sigma 70-300APO, Tokina 100 AT-X Pro D.
    SB600 flash. Panasonic DMC-TZ25

http://geof777.multiply.com

Sort of a flower I suppose - our Weeping Willow is coming out...
    (extreem close up!!)
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Geoff Chandler; 03-18-2009 at 05:19 AM.
    Geoff Chandler. UK/England/Surrey
    NIKON D90 / D80. Nikon 16 - 85 VR, Tamron 28-200,
    Sigma 70-300APO, Tokina 100 AT-X Pro D.
    SB600 flash. Panasonic DMC-TZ25

http://geof777.multiply.com

I try to use natural light if at all possible, it keeps it real, if you know what I mean. A pain to use, BUT....if you can use a tripod, you can close down your aperture to control the bright light, but you'll need to adjust shutter speed down as well, thus the need for it. It can really isolate your subject, and bring out the slightest detail too....even if you look like a blabbering fool standing ankle deep in flowers.

I have a suggestion. You say your city is famous for the peonies, right?
    Try and capture a very low projection, get me one flower as point of interest, but yet at an angle that allows you to show its accompany brothers and sisters and any famous "landmark", like a church, courthouse, etc, in the background.

Go....

My advice: When in macro mode, don't suck any bees up your nose - that tends to induce camera shake!

Well I guess didn't follow the traditional rules of flower photography shooting these two shots but I was wanting to capture some of the other flowers/sky in the background for these as well as the evening sunlight. Made for some nice colors I think.

I try to use natural light if at all possible, it keeps it real, if you know what I mean. A pain to use, BUT....if you can use a tripod, you can close down your aperture to control the bright light, but you'll need to adjust shutter speed down as well, thus the need for it. It can really isolate your subject, and bring out the slightest detail too....even if you look like a blabbering fool standing ankle deep in flowers.

I have a suggestion. You say your city is famous for the peonies, right?
    Try and capture a very low projection, get me one flower as point of interest, but yet at an angle that allows you to show its accompany brothers and sisters and any famous "landmark", like a church, courthouse, etc, in the background.
    I vastly prefer natural light, and only have the on-board flash in any case, so that's very good.

It so happens there is a landmark (I'll look around for other locations too). I visited it the other day and had already decided to try and incorporate it. Then I searched on the web and found this from the same place! I think it is heavily processed though, and the style indicates a Chinese photographer. It may even be three images (not sure), one for the foreground, one for the background, and one for the sky (the sky in China hasn't been that blue in decades).

When I was in high school I briefly joined the marching band. I learned from the drum major to stand still in line, even if a bee flew up my nose. Fortunately I don't have a good macro lens, so that shouldn't be a problem.

Edit: This isn't my picture, just so you know!

RX morph, those are beautiful.

Looks like a cool spot there Raven. Go shoot it!
    Lukas

Camera: Anonymous
    I could tell you but I wouldn't want you to get all pissy if it's the wrong brand

Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by raven15 View Post
    RX morph, those are beautiful.
    Thank you, raven15. I'm glad you enjoyed them.