Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 302 of 401 FirstFirst ... 202252292300301302303304312352 ... LastLast
Results 3,011 to 3,020 of 4005
    Quote Originally Posted by Phill D View Post
    Here's a clematis shot I grabbed a couple of days ago. I ran it through the Elements smart fix routine to see what it did. As far as I could see it just seemed to remove the tint of yellow the original had as I took it with low sun.
    Lovely shot Phil
    So glad to hear you talk about the fix - I try so hard at times to get the colour, contrast & exposure spot on straight out of the camera - I should let myself a little slack sometimes!!
    Geoff Chandler. UK/England/Surrey
    NIKON D90 / D80. Nikon 16 - 85 VR, Tamron 28-200,
    Sigma 70-300APO, Tokina 100 AT-X Pro D.
    SB600 flash. Panasonic DMC-TZ25

http://geof777.multiply.com

Quote Originally Posted by Devina View Post
    Out in my garden ... actually experimented with something other than auto mode.

Attachment 36186

Attachment 36187
    Devina - 1st one you nailed a very trick shot as whites often blow out (over expose) and shadows turn dark. You managed to show both quite well here!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bynx View Post
    The common white trillium, a pink trilium and the rarer red trillium.
    Bynx - these flowers look superb!! lovely captures all of them!

Quote Originally Posted by faisal View Post
    first one is nice...second one looks over exposed...did you use the on board flash for it...???
    Thank you ... The 2nd one, yeah I think I did... the only reason I uploaded it bcoz of the whole red-ness thing...

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Chandler View Post
    Devina - 1st one you nailed a very trick shot as whites often blow out (over expose) and shadows turn dark. You managed to show both quite well here!!
    Thank you! I get what you mean abt the whites coz I'd tried taking some more pictures of other flowers (white ones) and they came out quite terribly...
    Dee

Canon A720 IS
    Sony Cybershot DSC-P72

Thanks Geoff, I know what you mean about trying to get it right in the camera I often take ages & lots of shots. Smart fix in that case seemed to work ok but it doesn't always work. Here is a shot of the same flower I took this morning. It has opened more now & the colour has faded a bit plus the light was not so early morning yellowy & more indirect. So lots of differences really. Anyway smart fix just washed it out & ruined it completely. I tried just using auto levels & auto sharpening which I think has worked better. The breeze was a problem this morning plus I do hand hold these so with the shady light levels I had to use big apertures & lowish speeds. Might try again later when there is more light and see what the difference is.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Around every picture there's a corner & round every corner there's a picture
    - the fun's in finding them

some passionfruit flower

D800e l V3 l AW1 l 16-35 l 35 l 50 l 85 l 105 l EM1 l 7.5 l 12-40 l 14 l 17 l 25 l 45 l 60 l 75
    flickr

Quote Originally Posted by Phill D View Post
    Thanks Geoff, I know what you mean about trying to get it right in the camera I often take ages & lots of shots. Smart fix in that case seemed to work ok but it doesn't always work. Here is a shot of the same flower I took this morning. It has opened more now & the colour has faded a bit plus the light was not so early morning yellowy & more indirect. So lots of differences really. Anyway smart fix just washed it out & ruined it completely. I tried just using auto levels & auto sharpening which I think has worked better. The breeze was a problem this morning plus I do hand hold these so with the shady light levels I had to use big apertures & lowish speeds. Might try again later when there is more light and see what the difference is.
    Whatever you did with this one - I love it - you have retained all the light delicate shades as far as i can see.
    I know what you mean about the breeze - it waits untill you have everything just perfectly in focus and framed - then the darn thing flaps back and forth like a thing possesed!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rooz View Post
    some passionfruit flower
    Some very artistic close up work here Rooz.

Phill, I really like your shot. I've seen so many flowers with shallow DOF that this one really "stands out" The blurred background just makes it perfect.

Wow, Rooz, I've never seen a flower shot like that! (Of course, I don't think I've ever seen a passion flower lol) Seems like you're getting into some very unusual, abstract shooting lately. Is it a temporary "stretch" for you, or is it what you're really interested in? (I think it's cool by the way)
    Nikon D50, Nikkor 18-55mm, Nikkor 50mm 1.8, Sigma 70-300mm APO DG Macro, Tokina 12-24
    Flickr

Cool stuff, Rooz! Very pretty....
    Adam
    -------------
    Canon 60D & lenses & flashes & stuff
    A bunch of cheap vintage film cameras

My Etsy store