Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 287 of 401 FirstFirst ... 187237277285286287288289297337387 ... LastLast
Results 2,861 to 2,870 of 4006
    Very nice shots Geoff. I think that lens is in good hands. I can see what Toriaj means with the Daf but I think you overdid it a bit with the processed image. Each to his/her own though. My favourite was the spiky one whatever that was. I love sharp images & the sharpness on that is fantastic. I thought DSLRs were supposed to give soft looking images - did you sharpen that one up somehow or was it straight from camera? The other thing I like is the way you add your sig to the shots & tone the colour with a colour in the image. A very nice touch, do you just guess a colour to use or do you somehow grab the colour from the image & make the text use that colour?
    Last edited by Phill D; 03-29-2008 at 01:40 AM.
    Around every picture there's a corner & round every corner there's a picture
    - the fun's in finding them

Wow, that's really beautiful, Geoff. Great work.
    Nikon D50, Nikkor 18-55mm, Nikkor 50mm 1.8, Sigma 70-300mm APO DG Macro, Tokina 12-24
    Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by Phill D View Post
    Very nice shots Geoff. I think that lens is in good hands. I can see what Toriaj means with the Daf but I think you overdid it a bit with the processed image. Each to his/her own though. My favourite was the spiky one whatever that was. I love sharp images & the sharpness on that is fantastic. I thought DSLRs were supposed to give soft looking images - did you sharpen that one up somehow or was it straight from camera? The other thing I like is the way you add your sig to the shots & tone the colour with a colour in the image. A very nice touch, do you just guess a colour to use or do you somehow grab the colour from the image & make the text use that colour?
    With the bird of paradise flower - I slightly increased contrast in curves - then the resized image is a tiny bit sharpened as quality always drops.
    I often use the dropper tool to pick a colour from an inmage and use it in the border or signature - but not always.
    When I took the picture I spent a bit of time composing as the background was quite distrating - so I used a bit of telelphoto and wider apperture to try to decrease depth of field.
    The Daf is probably somewhere between the two images in reality - I went for the first - but I am always open to other opinions..
    Thanks for the comments
    Geoff
    Geoff Chandler. UK/England/Surrey
    NIKON D90 / D80. Nikon 16 - 85 VR, Tamron 28-200,
    Sigma 70-300APO, Tokina 100 AT-X Pro D.
    SB600 flash. Panasonic DMC-TZ25

http://geof777.multiply.com

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Chandler View Post
    The Daf is probably somewhere between the two images in reality - I went for the first - but I am always open to other opinions..
    What is Daf?
    Nikon D50, Nikkor 18-55mm, Nikkor 50mm 1.8, Sigma 70-300mm APO DG Macro, Tokina 12-24
    Flickr

Life has just started to sprout up here in Wisconsin, it's been a long cold winter.

C&C would be appreciated. These have no PP, I'm not good at it

Quote Originally Posted by Nexu View Post
    Life has just started to sprout up here in Wisconsin, it's been a long cold winter.

C&C would be appreciated. These have no PP, I'm not good at it
    Nexu
    C&C?? - well -= please just keep on doing what you are doing - these are very nice.
    Experiment with different compositions and angles of view etc etc and just enjoy yourself.

toriaj ~ Quote:
    Originally Posted by Geoff Chandler
    The Daf is probably somewhere between the two images in reality - I went for the first -
    but I am always open to other opinions..

What is Daf ?

Daf was Daffodill on the previous page.
    Geoff Chandler. UK/England/Surrey
    NIKON D90 / D80. Nikon 16 - 85 VR, Tamron 28-200,
    Sigma 70-300APO, Tokina 100 AT-X Pro D.
    SB600 flash. Panasonic DMC-TZ25

http://geof777.multiply.com

Nexu
    C&C?? - well -= please just keep on doing what you are doing - these are very nice.
    Experiment with different compositions and angles of view etc etc and just enjoy yourself.
    Thanks. I've been doing a lot of experimenting when I go out. I took lots of pictures of these flowers to get these winners

Here's another flower I took with that same lens on the same day
    I liked this one as it was yellow - most of them were orange
    Hello Geoff, some nice flower shots lately. I like this one more than the rest. I think the shape just catches me. I also like the one in post #2860.
    Lukas

Camera: Anonymous
    I could tell you but I wouldn't want you to get all pissy if it's the wrong brand

Flickr

I'll chip in with one of the local photogenic weeds...

Gear List:
    Canon 40D + Sigma 18-50mm + Canon 55-250mm

My Gallery

An orchid and a tulip

Name:  IMG_2962.jpg
Views: 59
Size:  235.6 KB

Name:  IMG_2965.jpg
Views: 60
Size:  208.8 KB
    Adam
    -------------