Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 193 of 401 FirstFirst ... 93143183191192193194195203243293 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,930 of 4006
    Quote Originally Posted by peca
    I don't know which kind of flower this is. Made it a few weeks ago on holiday in Africa.

Its scientific name is Hibiscus rosa-sinensis, a Malvaceae. I don't know the English common name, but the Spanish one is Cucarda. Just look it up by its scientific name and you'll likely find the common name.
    Last edited by GabOrcinus; 06-18-2006 at 12:48 AM.
    Cameras: Nikon F80 // Nikon D80 // Panasonic FZ-5
    Lenses: Nikkor 28-105mm f/3.5-4.5D IF // Tokina 12-24mm f/4 AT-X Pro DX
    Accesories: SB600 // Vivitar 285HV // Sanyo Eneloops // Hoya/Tiffen UVs // 512Mb, 1Gb, 2Gb SDs // SimpleTech 160Gb External HD

flickr | deviantART

White lilac

Here is a picture I took with my Canon Powershot S3IS less than a week ago. It was a little windy when I took it, so I didn't get the flower in the middle of the picture, as I wanted. But now, I think this turned out even better, than if it had been in the middle! I like it where you see the flowers like in a row, if you see what I mean?

I'm not that good at flower names, but I think it's a lilac...a white lilac!

What do you think? Comments?

Wesan
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Wesan

"Analogue"/film cameras
    Agfamatic 2000
    Canon EOS 600 (SLR)
    Fujifilm Fotonex 310ix (APS)

Digital cameras
    Samsung Digimax 101
    Canon Powershot S3IS

Some good shots appearing here...

In Ireland, the summer's over - at least for today. It's pouring down outside. This was taken yesterday. Another of the (many) clematises (clematii ???) around our house.
    Nikon D70s user

Quote Originally Posted by JTL
    That is one beautiful shot!

And, whatever lens that is, it's pretty amazing. What camera, lens, settings? Thanks!
    Thanks, JTL. It's a plain old Nikon D50, with kit lens(18-55 mm; f/3.5-5.6. I'm not sure what my settings were and I can't figure out how to get the info from Nikon Picture Project. Assistance, anyone? Here's the original; I used Mac iPhoto to edit.

Quote Originally Posted by nef
    Thanks, JTL. It's a plain old Nikon D50, with kit lens(18-55 mm; f/3.5-5.6. I'm not sure what my settings were and I can't figure out how to get the info from Nikon Picture Project. Assistance, anyone? Here's the original; I used Mac iPhoto to edit.
    I don't care what anyone says...the optical quality of the D50 kit lens is clearly better than the Canon kit lens. It's a really nice camera and lens for the money...and you're putting it to good use!
    Last edited by JTL; 06-18-2006 at 10:50 AM.
    Some Gear: Nikon D700; Nikkor AF-S 50 f/1.4 G; Nikkor AF-S 24-85 3.f/5-4.5 G ED; Tamron 28-300 f/3.5-6.3 VC; Nikon SB-800; Velbon Maxi-F; Canon Pixma Pro 9000; Canon S3IS, Canon SD500; Epson 4990; Epson P5000; Wacom Intuos 3

Main Software: Capture NX2; Adobe PhotoShop CS2; Corel Paintshop Pro X2 Ultimate

Sold: Canon XT/350D, EF 24-105mm f/4 L IS, EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro; EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5, Sigma 18-200 OS; Canon ET EF 25II; Kenko Pro 300 DG, Canon 430EX, Canon BG-E3.

Some flowers from my garden

OK, so the first one is not from my garden, but I thought I'd throw it in anyway. I always have liked the flowers of grasses, but they can be difficult to capture. Here is one I took that didn't turn out too bad:

Not that I would mind having a garden with a waterfal in it, mind you .

This one is from my garden, the flowers of a shrub that makes clusters of tiny pink flowers:

While I'm on a pink theme, here is another pinkish flower of which I don't know the name:

And a few that are similar to but different from the previous one:

The yellow heart of this single peony adds some contrast:

And I might as well finish with a broader yellow streak, a lily:
    Gerard Stafleu
    Gallery at http://www.flickr.com/photos/gstafleu

Gerard, nice background in the grass shot. The pinkish flower (No.3) is almost certainl a hardy geranium. She-who-must-be-obeyed grows many different varieties around our house. That particular one grows near our gate.
    Nikon D70s user

Ah yes, now you mention it, it definitely looks Geranium-like, Thanks Glenn.
    Gerard Stafleu
    Gallery at http://www.flickr.com/photos/gstafleu

Quote Originally Posted by nef
    I'm not sure what my settings were and I can't figure out how to get the info from Nikon Picture Project. Assistance, anyone?
    In PictureProject, when you have the picture selected in the collection, click the arrow next to Information on the right side of the screen, and in the section next to "Show," make sure "Shooting Data" is selected. Your settings will show underneath it in the window.
    Nikon D50, Nikkor 18-55mm, Nikkor 50mm 1.8, Sigma 70-300mm APO DG Macro, Tokina 12-24
    Flickr

Thumbs up Thanks for the advice

Just a quick reply to Wall & JTL on my buttercup field shot.
    Wall - I didn't think panorama at the time but it would have been a good idea.
    JTL - no I didn't mind at all you editing my shot, actually thats what I was hoping for. You improved it considerably thanks. With the crop I think you got the panorama feel that Wall suggested & PS really did improve the background.
    Thanks guys that was just the feedback I was looking for it's a shame we don't have a critique forum to put this in rather than sidetracking the gallery threads.
    Around every picture there's a corner & round every corner there's a picture
    - the fun's in finding them