Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 19 of 400 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969119 ... LastLast

New macro experimentations

I've found and old 50mm lens. I've put it in front of the sony V3, the results are very specular. In the continuity, i've try also to get some other shots with an eyepiece of my telescope. You'll find below some variations around the same flower. What do you think, interesting isn't it ?

Same thing with another flower

Pistil of a tulip

50mm lens in front of the V3

32 mm eyepiece in front of the v3 (it's a microscope )

small marguerite

In my garden i've a lot of small marguerite:

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by jeff31; 05-05-2005 at 12:23 PM.

Arrow

neat shots, jeff! super-macro... i like the composition of the marguerite shot very much.

and now, my contribution. actually, my girlfriend shot this... but i did the processing, so i guess we each get half credit. shot with canon a95, full auto. at the b&b we stayed at in maui. our hostess was quite the gardener.
    Last edited by Thalas'shaya; 05-05-2005 at 08:55 AM.
    I just want to live happily ever after, every now and then. --Jimmy Buffett

Another small flower

Quote Originally Posted by DiJ
    Nice shot. You captured the colors and texture of these flowers.

For moving flowers setting iso to 100 or 200 helps to gives a faster shutter speed. The A80 is quite clean up to iso200. You can remove any noise with Neat Image easily.
    Many thanks DiJ for the detailed help with ISO and shooting moving flowers. ISO is something I haven't altered yet - I have only had the camera a year. I am a bit inept with all these functions - when I do try them out I then forget to change the settings back DOH. There are just so many things to think about and get wrong ;-)

Jef31 - Liked the experimentation photos - sounds awfully clever thing to do. I imagine you lugging telescope and camera round your garden - or perhaps you have a cart? How do you fasten the camera to the telescope?

Regards
    Wombat

Sorry i've not very clear. The most of these pics don't have been taken with the telescope but only a 130mm lens handed up at reverse in front of the sony v3 lens. Some others are taken with an eyepiece at the place of the lens always at reverse. An eyepiece is only the small part of a telescope that you put your eyes. So no need to lugg the telescope round my garden. I've only a lens in one hand and the camera in other one.
    Try it if you have an old lens. It remplace advantageously a positive supplementary lens.

Quote Originally Posted by jeff31
    Sorry i've not very clear. The most of these pics don't have been taken with the telescope but only a 130mm lens handed up at reverse in front of the sony v3 lens. Some others are taken with an eyepiece at the place of the lens always at reverse. An eyepiece is only the small part of a telescope that you put your eyes. So no need to lugg the telescope round my garden. I've only a lens in one hand and the camera in other one.
    Try it if you have an old lens. It remplace advantageously a positive supplementary lens.
    Jeff31, do you have to focus the camera and the reversed lens both? I suppose I'd have to try it. Only, I only have a manual lens from my old manual slr.

Does the size of the lens matter? For some reason I have a hard time imagining the physics that make it work so well.

Erik

No Erik you have only to focus the camera. My camera is in autofocus mode. On the reversed lens you have only to adjust the aperture. The camera focus very well in these configuration when the reversed lens is very near of the subject.

Jeff